11/15/18 1:48 p.m.
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/18 1:54 p.m.

It's $10K if you want it in color. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/18 2:26 p.m.

That would be a scam. I have no idea what the scam is but that's what's going on. I flag this kind of E36 M3 on Craigs all the time. Literally 20 of them pretty much any time I go on for E36 M3 like this: 2010 Nissan Maxima SL $1800, https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/selling-2010-nissan-maxima/6749629648.html

Obviously nobody is selling an 8 year old Maxima for 1.8 large. But I can't see what they're exactly getting from this. Phone numbers? Email? This has been going on for years...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/15/18 2:28 p.m.

Huge scam.   Has all of the hallmarks, including a border on the photo so you can't reverse image search it.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/15/18 2:41 p.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

The scam is they get unwary people to send them money. You ask to check out the trailer and they'll claim they're out of the country and you can pay and get the trailer for free shipping and then if you don't like it get your money back. They'll claim to use some sort of escrow that's really just them with a bank account under that name.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/15/18 3:06 p.m.

Thanks, I've seen the $1800 Maximas, usually with only one photo and an email address across the picture.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/15/18 3:28 p.m.

And usually a female-appearing name at gmail.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/15/18 4:05 p.m.
rdcyclist said:

That would be a scam. I have no idea what the scam is but that's what's going on. I flag this kind of E36 M3 on Craigs all the time. Literally 20 of them pretty much any time I go on for E36 M3 like this: 2010 Nissan Maxima SL $1800, https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/selling-2010-nissan-maxima/6749629648.html

Obviously nobody is selling an 8 year old Maxima for 1.8 large. But I can't see what they're exactly getting from this. Phone numbers? Email? This has been going on for years...

That one is pretty hilarious.

It's a 2010 but the text says it's "16 years old"

He says there is frost on it in the photos, but the photos show it with palm trees behind it and in San Francisco, where it only got down to 50 degrees last night.

And of course the photos of a computer monitor. So maybe he took them at 6a.m. off of his computer lol...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/15/18 7:46 p.m.

So how do you flag a post?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
11/15/18 7:55 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Hit the "prohibited" in the top right of the ad.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/16/18 8:13 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

That's what I thought, but it doesn't always ork.  I assume it takes multiple hits to knock it off.    

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/16/18 9:41 a.m.

There is also a flag button on the overall list for when you see an obvious one that you don't need to open... Far right grey button.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/16/18 3:03 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
Dead_Sled said:

That's what I thought, but it doesn't always ork.  I assume it takes multiple hits to knock it off.    

It takes multiple clicks from different people to flag it.  It should flag it from your list, though.  They require different people flagging to make sure it's not just someone bugging a particular person or ad.

-Rob

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JKx8EFYTDj1Yj7Ndgvu1wmQhSitHx8n0CpNBecmZweeqPAEfBUBbR2IChgg0KmzZ