3/21/17 3:02 p.m.
trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
4/1/17 9:21 a.m.

Why swap a 2.4 when the 2.0 ACR has the same HP rating of 150

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
4/1/17 11:02 a.m.

That 150Hp is 900 RpM lower, and it puts out 167 Lb-Ft of torque vs the 135 of the Magnum 2.0.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/1/17 12:21 p.m.

Waiting for a reply

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
4/1/17 1:01 p.m.

Save me from temptation.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/1/17 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Cooter:

Cooter's got it right. The 2.4 is night and day different from the 2.0 in a Neon.

wae
wae Dork
4/1/17 6:30 p.m.

I've noticed in my 2.4 turbo and in eastsidemav's N/A 2.4, there is just way more down-low grunt to the 2.4. Even with the turbo on it, my 2.0 chugged and wheezed trying to do 25mph in 4th, but the 2.4 just feels completely at home there. Couldn't tell you what the dyno numbers are, but it certainly feels like there's a lot more power there.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/17 11:31 a.m.
wae wrote: I've noticed in my 2.4 turbo and in eastsidemav's N/A 2.4, there is just way more down-low grunt to the 2.4. Even with the turbo on it, my 2.0 chugged and wheezed trying to do 25mph in 4th, but the 2.4 just feels completely at home there.

But there are three lower gears that you could have been using where it wouldn't chug and wheeze...

Isn't that the point of wanting a manual trans? You get to shift a lot? Why would you want an engine where you could accelerate at any speed, if you want to shift a lot?

wae
wae Dork
4/2/17 11:33 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
wae wrote: I've noticed in my 2.4 turbo and in eastsidemav's N/A 2.4, there is just way more down-low grunt to the 2.4. Even with the turbo on it, my 2.0 chugged and wheezed trying to do 25mph in 4th, but the 2.4 just feels completely at home there.
But there are three lower gears that you could have been using where it wouldn't chug and wheeze... Isn't that the point of wanting a manual trans? You get to shift a lot? Why would you want an engine where you could accelerate at any speed, if you want to shift a lot?

I just like having options!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/17 11:45 a.m.

Oh, right. Carry on then!

(my heart sank when I saw it was an engine swap... I was thinking "ooh, SF killer right there" since they came with infinitely adjustable Konis so therefore ANY adjustable strut is Stock-class RallyCross legal... but it's been hacked up)

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
4/2/17 8:46 p.m.
wae wrote:
Knurled wrote:
But there are three lower gears that you could have been using where it wouldn't chug and wheeze... Isn't that the point of wanting a manual trans? You get to shift a lot? Why would you want an engine where you could accelerate at any speed, if you want to shift a lot?
I just like having options!

An automatic transmission is an option...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MgrJ21KI87tN6hPSFc3cjKhpfWAhSRa0ANFh0C57BFQJGOspcZFp1sUwANiZcHDH