LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/11/18 6:58 p.m.

In case anyone is looking for a manual Quad 4, I came across this ad today:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1867140343357353

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/18 7:33 p.m.

Stupid faceballs.  Can’t see it.  Where is it and what do they want?

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/11/18 7:45 p.m.

Says they want $1400 and is in Albion, Indiana.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/18 9:04 p.m.

Forwarded to a friend with an engineless fiero.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/18 9:10 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Forwarded to a friend with an engineless fiero.

Why why why wasn't a quad 4 factory in the fiero?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/12/18 8:21 a.m.

Because GM.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/18 8:32 a.m.

Looks like quad4rods is no more, they’re the guys that made the adapters for the funky quad bellhousing pattern to normal rwd transmissions

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/12/18 11:50 a.m.
Patrick said:

Looks like quad4rods is no more, they’re the guys that made the adapters for the funky quad bellhousing pattern to normal rwd transmissions

I did some searching the other day and couldn't find anything on them either.  If the Quad 4 is your main market, you are in trouble.   Too bad they didn't branch off into Zetecs and Duratecs.       

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/12/18 1:23 p.m.

The Zetec  shares the common classic Ford 4 cylinder bellhousing, and the duratec has two different OEM RWD transmissions (ranger and the miata). The early Zetecs matched the Kent/Pinto bellhousing and the more common/later Zetecs have one of the block bolt holes replaced by the starter. The Lima (2.3) shares both the Kent/Pinto bellhousing pattern and it's own modified one, but most of the USDM transmissions use the modified bolt holes. (READ: You can bolt a 2.3 turbo lima to the transmission from a 1980 Fiesta)

Most these rwd transmission options can be had for way less than their bespoke bellhousing.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/13/18 7:18 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

I thought the Zetec/Duratec need the mythical Aerostar manual bellhousing to work in a RWD application.   

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GuSatrt6BPz9wDCc6QXj6EiC0obX4boihCdsm0ev7oUR9U0vYBMldNPenIfNUlIT