red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
3/10/17 12:54 p.m.

Saw this for sale near my house:

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6005110237.html

Burrito
Burrito Dork
3/10/17 1:12 p.m.

That's surprisingly clean for $1400. The $800 one I parted out a few years ago looked like it has spent it's life in a particularly nasty pond.

Should anyone buy this, I have a few parts that are of no use to me, TPS included.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
3/10/17 2:13 p.m.

I did not need to see this.......

-Rob

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
3/10/17 3:01 p.m.

I like the skateboard acting as a trunk strut haha

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/10/17 3:27 p.m.

I wouldn't mind having this except I doubt it would last until I could get there.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/17 3:47 p.m.

So awesome! I'd drop a 1.6 Ecoboost in it.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/10/17 5:50 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

When you drop that eco boost in there, I will come pick up the Suzy engine

PowerKraut
PowerKraut New Reader
3/10/17 8:27 p.m.

I had two of those in the early nineties The little 1.3 liter 4-banger revved to 7800 rpm. Top speed 120 mph on the Autobahn

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/11/17 12:13 a.m.

Curb weight of 1800lbs and independent rear suspension. That's a great start for many types of builds.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/11/17 8:09 a.m.

Somebody here autocrosses one and isn't too complimentary about it.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/11/17 10:23 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Somebody here autocrosses one and isn't too complimentary about it.

I had one. Loved it. Never autocrossed it, though. They are cheaply built, have poor gear spacing, and are a riot. One of the more visceral cars I have ever driven. I'd love to have another. I even have a new in box LSD for one in storage. Too many projects. And I hate red.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
3/14/17 11:29 a.m.

I loved mine. The whole car feels completely disposable, and it feels way more willing to play than it actually has the ability to go! It was super fun.

A controversial thought that all of my BMW friends hated: I think it feels like a cheap, fwd, tin-can, no-power version of an E46 M3. It leans over in a similar way when you're really digging into a corner. Revving and power delivery are similar, except it only has a third the power of the M3. It picks up a rear wheel on hard, tight corners with sticky tires, where the M3 picks up a front wheel. I had my M3 and my Swift at the same time and I thought this every time I drove it! I junked it when the gearbox exploded (the Swift, not the M3).

I really loved that thing, although I can comfortably say I don't think I would ever buy another one.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
3/14/17 2:14 p.m.

I bought one new in '89 and kept it for 6 years. I loved it. I had a bunch of Alfas at the time and it was my driver. At the time the local Porsche dealer sold them. I bought the first one they sold, it was red and the only option I remember was a sunroof. I opted out of that. The guy writing it up commented that he sold options for Porsches more than the entire cost of the GTi.

It was a riot to drive, but boy did it need a LSD.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HSg2fSrUfw6ErCgIgu8KX7D6UGa2FpJzakVc2e0qyIuXkBZRCRlv2X8DeiotEURU