Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 3:53 p.m.

I have two new never used ultrashield Rally sport seats that I was originally going to use in my 911. I mounted them on Porsche sliders but had a stroke 5 days later. They are comfortable but I am unable to easily get in and out of the car with the side bolsters. Constructed of 125 aluminum, 17 inch width, 20 degree layback. Retail is $425 each. Sell for $225 each. Please don't make me ship them. Will fit in a Miata and is seat of choice 4 tall Miata drivers. Some stock pictures from the interweb.

in miata 

In porsche 944

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/18 4:32 p.m.

how are YOU doing? I had no clue about the medical "fun" 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 4:36 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Fine, thank you for asking. Still dragging a bit of a dead leg around but at least I'm on the right side of the daisieswink

white_fly
white_fly Reader
7/5/18 5:22 p.m.

Where are you located?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 6:02 p.m.

In reply to white_fly :

mississippi...can meet in Shreveport as I am there from time to time.

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 6:32 p.m.

I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm in Mississippi. Would you consider selling 1 seat?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 6:39 p.m.

In reply to NermalSnert :

Hotty toddy...sure.  Let me see if white fly needs both of them since he posted first.  If not take your pick.laugh

BTW...what's your size?

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 6:43 p.m.

I measured and 17 would work, maybe a little loose. 20 degree layback is what I'm wondering about for my Miata.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 7:00 p.m.

easy to add an inch or two of foam on sides under the snap on cover.  how tall are you.  they put you low when mounted on stock miata sliders.  20 degree layback is what miata drivers use.  10 degree is sitting almost bolt upright.

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 7:02 p.m.

5' 11" 180. I was planning to use TDR sliders. https://trackdogracing.com/seat_rails.aspx

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 7:08 p.m.

I'll take 1 if Fly doesn't want but 1. :)

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
7/5/18 7:08 p.m.

Should be just fine then. If you were under 5 8 or so might be a problem. But it's easy to put a layer of foam in the seat bottom and actually more comfortable if necessary. And any of that you're welcome to try them if they don't work out that's fine. I'll let you know if whitefly only needs one pretty quick.

Autocross, spec Miata?

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 7:09 p.m.

Great! Thanks! HPDE and Track Nights.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/5/18 7:19 p.m.

cool.  I used one of these when I rode raced a 240Z in improved touring. The thing I like most about them was the shoulder wings. Really makes you feel planted and not fighting lateral G forces. They're very very sturdy and not flimsy like .090 aluminum seats. Plus the upholstery has a slot opening to properly mount five or six point crotch strap. Also the upholstery under your thighs is Contour and supportive. All cloth, no vinyl.

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 7:26 p.m.

Excellent! My Bridgestone RE 71R's shipped last Tuesday. I don't think I could hang on very long with a stock seat. :)

white_fly
white_fly Reader
7/5/18 8:06 p.m.

I would like one or two, but I won't be able to make it out that way for another six weeks or so. No worries about dibs unless you want to hold on to them that long.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/5/18 8:15 p.m.

In reply to white_fly :

No problem.  not in a hurry.  So you're ok with one? NermalSnert is finishing up his race car and needs one pretty quick if that's ok with you.  And I'll hold one for you for 6 weeks or so.  Good for you?

white_fly
white_fly Reader
7/5/18 8:29 p.m.

Definitely sell the one to Nerm! I appreciate you offering to hold one for me. See you in six weeks!

NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/5/18 8:35 p.m.

Thanks Fly!

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/5/18 8:48 p.m.
white_fly said:

Definitely sell the one to Nerm! I appreciate you offering to hold one for me. See you in six weeks!

No problem, fly.  It's ok if you change your mind in the interim.  In no hurry.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/6/18 10:03 a.m.

SOLD!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YTyzQCmE3Frshn4hJu0DrHCG06UyvMOm4PpbdwKDDObXxMUgrkv5P8miXdavFzgG