mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
11/20/12 5:40 p.m.

I have a guy interested(?) in the engine and rear end but nothing is gone yet except for the gas tank, battery and cats. Taking offers on everything, but giving him first right of refusal for the parts we discussed.

Cliff notes( b/c I suck at writing ads)

1999 Ford Explorer Limited - 210k(?) on the car. Was used as a company vehicle b/4 my ownership. Driven daily since my purchase in 2005 for most weeks around 400miles/week( 95% of that highway ). Certain times of the year the mileage was higher b/c of work, trips, etc. Used only MC semi-blend oil and filters for the last 6years. - AWD automatic tranny - Ford 302 motor( heads and intakes used as an performance swap on some ford v8s ) - Interior in great shape( cream colored leather ) - Exterior also in great shape( pearl white when washed )

In interest of full disclosure, the truck overheated while my wife was out of town from a small rad leak and cracked egr tube. Cut off on her twice, but was started up and driven home a few days later w/o overheating( approx 3miles ). Diagnosed w/ no compression in cyl 1 by dealership. Has been parked for around 9months, but started twice since then. Observed a noise that sounded like tapping, but after more investigation it was more likely the cracked egr tube. Engine has not been opened to accurately diagnose. I have the title and would like the car gone soon( likely next week after U finish removing the catalytic converters. Shipping will be from 27529 and for smaller items only( no doors, hood, etc... ).

Let me know what you need, information-wise or parts. Pics will be posted tomorrow.

wrouse70 at gmail.com

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/20/12 7:38 p.m.

Neck deep in work, I'm not going to be able to do much of anything for a month. Sell what you can!

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
11/21/12 10:23 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up. Everything's up for grabs....

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/22/12 7:49 a.m.

what rims ? I've got a '97 F150 that needs an extra set of 16 x 7 , 5 x 135 ( 5 x 5.3)

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
11/24/12 6:52 p.m.
wbjones wrote: what rims ? I've got a '97 F150 that needs an extra set of 16 x 7 , 5 x 135 ( 5 x 5.3)

I can take a pic and check, but I have a guy coming to pick it up tomorrow. He has a trailer so I dont think that lack of wheels would be a deal-breaker for him. But I would need to sell the wheels w/in the week. I'll run out and take a pic.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
11/24/12 7:58 p.m.
wbjones wrote: what rims ? I've got a '97 F150 that needs an extra set of 16 x 7 , 5 x 135 ( 5 x 5.3)

I've got pics, but couldnt find a size stamped on the actual wheel. They're 16' tires, if that helps.

Send me an email and I'll send the pics to you. Let me know tonight, if possible if interested.

wrouse70@gmail.com 9 - one - 9 - two - 8 - 0 - five - 6 - two - 4

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/25/12 7:22 a.m.

e-mail sent

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
11/27/12 1:58 p.m.

In reply to mrwillie:

I also sent an e-mail your way, thanks!

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
11/29/12 9:37 a.m.

Thank you very much for the interest, but the explorer has been paid for and I'm waiting for the guy to pick it up. She will be missed, but its time to move onto another chapter....minivans!!!

Thanks again!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0vrx4IbCgaPUBWXaZWv1MnXP5XxF3pchtQ2AidW48FWx1NRijJ0VxWAW1qrNeQms