SlickDizzy SuperDork
Aug. 21, 2011 10:09 a.m.

I picked up a 1987 535i last week to grab some parts from for my euro E28. It's Bronzit with beige interior. Was a good runner prior to some ECU issues, then parked for ~2 years. Mechanic's lien on the title, so it's not worth saving. Lots of good stuff; all I need is core support sheetmetal and a few odd little things, so there's basically a complete car to be parted here. I'll get pics up Tuesday. Let me know if you need anything. It's an M30B34/5-speed car, pretty clean body, nice interior.

IF YOU INTEND TO CHALLENGE I WILL MAKE YOU A HECK OF A DEAL ON THE DRIVETRAIN! Great candidate for MS'ing considering the ECU issues, but I also don't know the source of the issues and don't care to investigate because I don't need that stuff.

SlickDizzy SuperDork
Aug. 21, 2011 10:35 a.m.

I suppose this could be a Challenge/Lemons car too, if you can get creative with not having a radiator core support. Or you can have the tweaked one from my euro car if you want. The other stuff I need is non-essential for a race car.

I suppose I would let the whole car go for $400obo if I can get the stuff I need off of it and send it along.

Luke SuperDork
Aug. 21, 2011 9:15 p.m.

I could use the shifter boot, if it's not torn.

Also, don't suppose it has the 3-spoke 'M' steering wheel by any chance? (also supposing Int'l shipping isn't a huge PITA.)

itsarebuild Reader
Aug. 22, 2011 11:42 a.m.

would you make challenge friendly price on the 5 speed? we are shooting for lemons with a 535 and that car has no 4th gear right now! i'd need it shipped to 30316......

SlickDizzy SuperDork
Aug. 22, 2011 12:10 p.m.

If you want to arrange the freight I can make it happen, but I lack the ability to do a whole lot more than put it on a pallet and get it ready to ship...I can't exactly take a 190lb transmission down to my local UPS and tell them to box it up

itsarebuild Reader
Aug. 22, 2011 1:38 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: If you want to arrange the freight I can make it happen, but I lack the ability to do a whole lot more than put it on a pallet and get it ready to ship...I can't exactly take a 190lb transmission down to my local UPS and tell them to box it up

i understand. i've done it and it isnt very fun at all. unfortunately a residential door pick up for a trucking company is usually $100 right there before the rest of the shipping cost even starts so i think that would be too much for me to afford. is there any chance you could bring the pallet to a transfer station? i understand if the answer is no...... it is a huge PITA.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

3 hours ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

10 hours ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

23 hours ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

1 day ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

1 day ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

2 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

2 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

2 days ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

2 days ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

2 days ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

3 days ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

Classic Motorsports Monterey Welcome Party Welcomes 2000-Plus Gearheads

3 days ago in Articles

Last night we threw a party, and more than 2000 people came to celebrate.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
ZC5cDo3iaNdODNh5FScY6n5oStv9jvAV