SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UltraDork
7/23/12 11:13 a.m.

Today I came to the sad, sad realization that with my new job and impending cross-country move, I will not be able to get my euro E28 back on the road.

$2012 obo for a GENUINE euro E28! (Some assembly required.)

PICS: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v126/SlickDizzy/BMW/ MORE INFO: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=107606

On the other forum, I said: *Car still has a CLEAN TITLE *Engine is a M30B28 with 236k. Ran great before crash, with full synthetic Amsoil since the 90's and a recent valve adjustment. Front upper cover is cracked from impact; a rare NOS replacement is included. *Trans is a Getrag 260/5. Shifted well with no problems. *Front bumper is usable, but a little squashed. No creases though - with some patience and some body hammers, could totally be restored to like-new. *Rear bumper is mint. *Front fascia is in pretty good shape - driver's side fog light is missing, and there is a minor dent on that side too. Looks like it would pop out really easily. *Rear fascia is mint. *Front core support is currently held on by fenders as a mock-up - could be tacked on and rebuilt from here. *Driver's side fender is intact; passenger side has a slight dent near the edge of the grille opening. Could be fixed with patience. *Interior is black leather with manual, non-heated comfort seats and A/C. Power sunroof, power windows, power locks. *Wheels are in great shape. 3/4 centercaps are there, and one looks a little rough. Tires still look good and are relatively new, but the passenger rear has developed a slow leak from sitting. *When a battery was hooked up to the car, all power functions worked except the driver's side window, which appeared to be stuck after sitting (worked fine before). *Everything on the cluster worked. Mileage is accurate. Same with check control. *Trailer hitch includes all accessories and is 100% complete; no pics though, it was 100*+ in the shop, I couldn't get to that point! *B&B exhaust was purchased used on this forum and never run. Great shape, cut in one place to make shipping possible (any muffler shop can weld it right back up, or if you have a TIG like I do). No pics, again, because I got too tired.

The car is a 1985 528i, genuine German-spec car that was brought into the US in the late 80's. Very little rust, overall good shape until it collided with a deer in 2009. Clearcoat peeling, but most parts are rot-free. The deer hit right at the leadng edge of the hood, so the front valence and a lot of other rare parts were saved...I sourced a new core support and some other bits, but will not have the time to complete - theoretically, the car is rebuild able and includes everything needed to do so, but it is probably worth more parted out. It is a shame because I have mountains of documentation on the car, verifying it's origin, owners, and meticulous maintenance, but life is full of hard decisions...

PICS COMING TONIGHT! Car is in Milwaukee, WI. I am accepting offers on any/everything including the whole rolling shell. You are also welcome to call me directly at (414) 699-9487! PM/e-mail/text is fine too, GRM discount always applicable...

ohms
ohms Reader
7/23/12 11:20 a.m.

suggestion if u dont get too many bites - try stanceforum and some others like that - they go crazy for the euro-specific parts

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UltraDork
7/23/12 11:31 a.m.

Thanks for the tip - pretty sure my bases are covered so far, but if it gets to that point I'll try some...uh...less savory forums.

jakeb
jakeb Reader
7/23/12 6:51 p.m.

interested in a couple things....waiting for pictures. I'll send an email tho

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UltraDork
7/23/12 7:07 p.m.

PM replied, Jake. Pics & link to more info added to first post.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
j038YcGPxhTIx7Ji6RY7GTTt6TsPACLO