Powar
Powar Dork
12/4/11 11:00 a.m.

Two days after I bought this car, I was hit at a stop sign and the car is a total loss. Some of the parts will be claimed by my '94 Protege DX, but the rest is up for grabs.

The specs:

1993 MX-3 GS

1.8 V6/5 Speed Manual

125k miles (See odometer picture- it DID work.)

Totally rust-free

All Power- And it all worked.

Tropic Emerald Metallic w/ Black interior

Ran and shifted great.

Some oil burning at startup

Parts that are NOT available:

Brakes

Rear Subframe (I have a spare rear control arm brace, so I will sell the one from the car.)

MX-3 GS Seats (Though the Protege DX seats are available.)

Exhaust

MX-3 GS Wheels (I could be talked out of the MR-2 Triangles.)

Carpet

Center Console

Steering Wheel

Steering Rack

Parts that were destroyed in the accident:

Driver's door

Driver's window

Driver's power seatbelt assy

Driver's rear quarter panel

Driver's door panel

Everything else is for sale. I have no interest in V6-swapping my DX, so the running drivetrain is for sale. I'd prefer not to sell parts that will keep it from running, as that is a big selling point for a prospective buyer. We'll see how that goes.

The interior was as close to perfect as I've seen in an MX-3. As stated, the exterior is rust-free and aside from the obvious, is totally in tact.

Shipping is from Louisville, KY. Local pickup is preferred, but I'm not sure how many local buyers there will be...

Pics:

If anyone has questions, let me know by responding to this thread or sending a PM.

Thanks. -Tim

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
12/5/11 1:41 a.m.

Hmmm... How much for the rear spoiler, interior fuse box cover, defrost tube for the drivers side, and the lower console panels that cover the ECU shipped to 26601? PM me if you need a more detailed description of interior parts. Thanks man!

Powar
Powar Dork
12/5/11 10:11 a.m.

I'll check on the interior pieces as soon as the rain stops and I'm at home for more than 10 minutes. If I can't figure out what you want, I'll shoot you a PM.

thewelder
thewelder New Reader
12/6/11 8:14 p.m.

That is the motor I want for a dmod locost build. But the money to start the project just isn't there. Chad

d420burns
d420burns
1/26/12 12:02 p.m.

hello how re you today.? im lookin for the halfshaft (between the motor and passanger cv axel).. if you have this part could you please email me so i could purchase it from you.! thanks..!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/26/12 1:43 p.m.

An ambitious soul could make up a nice tube frame ice racer with that!

Dan

Powar
Powar Dork
1/26/12 2:23 p.m.
d420burns wrote: hello how re you today.? im lookin for the halfshaft (between the motor and passanger cv axel).. if you have this part could you please email me so i could purchase it from you.! thanks..!

Email sent.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
1/26/12 7:47 p.m.

Interested in selling the whole car?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/26/12 8:16 p.m.

Google "LeMons Hong Norrth."

Powar
Powar Dork
1/31/12 1:51 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Interested in selling the whole car?

If by the whole car you mean 'what's left of the car', absolutely.

It lacks a steering rack, front lower control arms, wheels/tires, front seats and a steering wheel. I can provide these parts from my Protege, but they're toast.

I'd actually rather sell the thing for slightly above scrap value instead of parting it out myself. Since a recent promotion at work, I'm really lacking the time to take care of this.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
1/31/12 11:50 p.m.

You have prices for requested parts?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
2/1/12 6:26 a.m.
Powar wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: Interested in selling the whole car?
If by the whole car you mean 'what's left of the car', absolutely. It lacks a steering rack, front lower control arms, wheels/tires, front seats and a steering wheel. I can provide these parts from my Protege, but they're toast. I'd actually rather sell the thing for slightly above scrap value instead of parting it out myself. Since a recent promotion at work, I'm really lacking the time to take care of this.

What is the asking price?

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
2/1/12 1:40 p.m.

How much for the pass rear trailing arm, heater box to defrost tube on driver side, fusebox cover, and rear spoiler?

Powar
Powar Dork
2/3/12 8:49 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: What is the asking price?

$450 as it sits, but after this weekend, it won't be available. I'm sick of it taking up the room in my garage and I'll finally have some time to do something about it.

dansxr2: $50 + shipping sounds fair for that, sans rear trailing arm. I'm going to use the rear subframe in the Protege if I don't sell the car whole. Does that sound fair to you? If so, I'll have the parts off this weekend.

I managed to get the door open. Holy E36 M3, that rocker is twisted. I guess taking a Grand Marquis in the door will do that to you.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
2/5/12 8:11 p.m.

esitimated shipping quote to 26601, I'll take em if reasonable

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/12 6:03 a.m.

I am so glad that you are not close by. I have wanted the motor form one of those for along time. I don't know what I would do with it. I always wondered how those motors would respond to forced induction. 1.8 V6 !!!!!

I could see that motor in a locust build of some kind.

If you are going to toss the motor and trans in the scrapper let me know maybe we can work somthing out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4Jz6AMX54jwznOkI4e7o9uu0kRIiBotxepfMyPuZvL0pZEkrOIyX90czy4YS9umz