1 2
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
6/22/17 7:07 p.m.
calteg wrote: In reply to Smarta$$ McPoopyPants: Quit tempting me. How much for all of it?

See here

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
6/22/17 11:05 p.m.

I'm semi local if anyone is looking for a fairly entertaining PPI report from an ASE Master Tech.

Can also probably move/store/deliver within reason. I'm self-employed as a mobile mechanic right now so possibilities are pretty wide open if anyone wants help related to this car.

Nicklovin
Nicklovin
6/23/17 3:21 a.m.

Man if only it was in California, been itching for a project haha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/23/17 6:28 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

Would you consider holding it and starting it once in a while until, say, mid October?

MugenReplica
MugenReplica New Reader
6/23/17 7:14 a.m.
rob_lewis wrote: The original suspension was based on the original Porsche 911, with wishbone control arms up front and a rear semi-trailing arm design, which adds camber as the shock is compressed

I must be missing something with the Ford Festiva design? Porsche inspired?

CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
6/23/17 11:16 a.m.

I am so glad that this thing isn't in California, I'd be all over it...and I really do not need that car.

Yeah, what is Porsche designed about it? I can't think of anything.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
6/23/17 1:02 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric:

I think it's Porsche inspired, not Porsche designed, big difference.

I would have assumed that a FWD econo box would have Mac-strut front suspension, double wishbone is surely a much better starting point for a performance car, regardless of how they came to that design. As for the rear suspension, I can't say. I once heard a fairly successful rally car builder say that on a FWD car the rear suspension has only 2 jobs, to keep the gas tank from dragging on the road, and not break, any design will do if it meets those requirements.

Edit: I just looked it up, the festiva's front suspension sure looks like regular old Mac-strut to me?

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
6/23/17 2:15 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I'm semi local if anyone is looking for a fairly entertaining PPI report from an ASE Master Tech. Can also probably move/store/deliver within reason. I'm self-employed as a mobile mechanic right now so possibilities are pretty wide open if anyone wants help related to this car.

im interested as this is a perfect lemons/chump/challenge car but my issue is i'd need to buy it and have someone state-side store it/maintain it until at least october 2019. otherwise if its a good/fun car i'd have cash in hand

calteg
calteg Dork
6/23/17 4:58 p.m.

Seller hasn't contacted me back yet. I fear this one is bound for Craigslist purgatory.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
6/23/17 5:49 p.m.

Maybe worth checking Festiva forum(s) for the car?

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
6/24/17 5:00 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: In reply to Vigo: Would you consider holding it and starting it once in a while until, say, mid October?

Yes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ylmXbcmNCITGlJjDn4iXEDWqd9D9ftl9ebY4c2qbSWZcz3w3HTuyVpHw1ZQmzhF3