klipless
klipless Reader
July 30, 2010 2:16 p.m.

Not mine, but for the love of God, someone please buy this before I drive by an ATM. What's odd is that it's cheaper if you take the parts car.

1984 Mazda Rx-7/ 1981 Mazda Rx-7 parts car - $700 (Port Huron )

1984 Mazda Rx-7. Bought this car a few years back and had to replace the engine so i got a parts car to go with it. Low milage engine in it, new pads, front tires, exhaust, and gas tank. The car is a ton of fun, Manuel, rear wheel drive, its light and it slides. Its got enough tourqe to roast the tires and its pretty fast. I also have a CD with everything you need to know about this car, from wiring diagrams to how to rebuild the engine.

1981 Mazda Rx-7 Parts car. Has no engine and no left front suspension or steering linkage. stirctly parts car. extra trans, engine parts and every thing else under the sun. This car must go too! Offering $700 for the both or $800 for the Running Rx-7. Probably going to need a flat bed trailer to get the parts car out

Duke SuperDork
July 30, 2010 2:39 p.m.

That's not odd at all. Would you want to be left with the stripped hulk of a car you no longer own the decent version of? It would be worth $100 to me not to have to deal with getting rid of it.

Brett_Murphy New Reader
July 30, 2010 2:45 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

I agree. I sold a pair of doors off of a '91 RX-7 for $50 with the stipulation that the buyer haul the rest of the shell out of the driveway. Otherwise the price was $100 per door. He got the oil cooler, too, because I forgot to take it out.

GLHS941
July 31, 2010 9:08 a.m.

That is the way I did it. I had an 87 and everything to do a 5 speed swap including the extra rear diff. It was a sweet deal for the kid who bought it and made more space. Wish I could pick this up. I like the first gens.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Modern Day Track Junkie

1 day ago in Articles

Christina Lam went from the sidelines to full-on track enthusiast in 8 simple steps.

How Ben_Modified Wows the Crowd: 1 Part Imagination, 2 Parts Fabrication

1 day ago in News

Ben_Modified's build combines some of our favorite things.

2017 Audi A8 L

2 days ago in New Car Reviews

When it comes to luxury sedans, Audis are usually front-runners. The A8 L is the biggest and maybe most comfortable ...

Slight Project Pause for Our BMW M3

2 days ago in Project Cars

Few things slow down our project car progress more effectively than a broken arm.

Grassroots Motorsports Experience Ticket Renewals Have Been Sent

3 days ago in News

Check your inbox for our Grassroots Motorsports Experience renewals.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

3 days ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

3 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

4 days ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

5 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

5 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 week ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

1 week ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
fcYQgJ6Nv7ZX9Pshk2k8RcUJu31sE7w5