The_Jed HalfDork
July 15, 2012 7:54 a.m.

Not mine, not affiliated in any way.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3128222393.html

singleslammer Reader
July 15, 2012 8:56 a.m.

I get the feeling this person thinks they have a barn find Ferrari not a Subaru. 10K invested in a car with no engine/trans(attached) and no front sheet metal.

July 15, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Yeah, I hate when they say "Make me an Offer", because what I want to give you is not what you want.

Plus, what did the $10k go to? I can't believe someone spent that on a 2.5 RS and it looks completely stock.

Spinout007 Dork
July 15, 2012 10:21 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Yeah, I hate when they say "Make me an Offer", because what I want to give you is not what you want. Plus, what did the $10k go to? I can't believe someone spent that on a 2.5 RS and it looks completely stock.

Payment book...

corytate Dork
July 15, 2012 9:42 p.m.

I'd trade my datsun for it, as it sits right now, but that's about as far as I'd go.
Maybe he bought the car a few years ago for 10k, then disassembled it.

Knurled SuperDork
July 15, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Someone told me that model year 2001 coupes were rare, especially in World Rally Blue.

When I was told this, there was one for sale on the local Subaru forum, and a friend of mine had just picked one up.

All the same, you can tell that it's never been rallycrossed. The rocker panel cladding is still attached.

ValuePack Dork
July 16, 2012 5:37 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Someone told me that model year 2001 coupes were rare, especially in World Rally Blue.

It's Blue Ridge Pearl(darker than WRB), and you've been misled. Sedans were more scarce than coupes, and rarest is the green(Acadian?) '98 RS. Can you tell I drive Subarus and have no life whatsoever?

sachilles Dork
July 17, 2012 3:04 p.m.

It is hard to tell with such high quality photographic work, but it looks like the bare chassis up front is a different color than the rear. Making it a re-spray.

For what it was worth I rallycrossed the hell out of mine and the rocker panels were still attached.

yamaha Reader
July 17, 2012 3:07 p.m.

Someone offer him treefiddy.......its a roller, nothing more

ansonivan Dork
July 18, 2012 9:23 p.m.

He may have neglected to post pictures of the drivetrain and suspension parts piles. Perhaps an STI drivtrain is lurking just to the left.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

From the GRM Vault: Meet the Great Kimini

15 hours ago in Articles

British charm meets Japanese spunk.

Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! on Wednesday, August 23: Building a Homemade Sim Rig

15 hours ago in News

We’re taking our sim-racing game to another level.

Meet Us at Put-In-Bay This Weekend

19 hours ago in News

We're headed to South Bass Island, Ohio, this weekend for the ninth annual Put-in-Bay Road Race Reunion.

Hang With Us at Gridlife This Weekend

19 hours ago in News

What’s #GRIDLIFE? The festival describes itself simply: Where speed meets sound.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1LS

21 hours ago in New Car Reviews

275 horsepower and 295 lb-ft. of torque. Back in the day, that was pretty good for a V8-powered pony car. ...

Your Projects: New Wheels for Gimp’s Camaro

22 hours ago in News

Dogs shown for scale.

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

22 hours ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

You Need This: E39-Chassis BMW M5 for $6000?

1 day ago in News

Buy one of our favorite Q-ships.

That's What i Like: What Attracts Us to Specific Cars?

1 day ago in Articles

I just spent 10 days in one of my new favorite cars: the 2017 VW GTE.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

2 days ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
l5zuP6gsq6kInTYKxYKGTYrS3RmvAByp