tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/14/17 7:34 a.m.

Folks, a long time ago we installed a new shower in our new moneypit home.

We spent big bucks on the door. The door company shipped us (accidentally) two stationary doors, rather than one stationary and one hinged. They fixed it, and now I have two stationary doors just sitting in my house.

They are big, well built, and thick. I have no idea what you might use it for. A sweet table for scale hobbies? Making your own strangely sized shelf? Smashing it (on your own property) for fun? Painting it? I really have no clue. See pictures for measurements.

You'll have to figure out how to transport them. They came in their own flat crate which is long gone. I'll help you and your buddy carry them out to your vehicle from my garage, then they are yours.

Price? Golly I have no clue. I spent $683 on the whole door set, with the hinges and brackets and whatnot. I am pretty sure these are not worth $68.30, but you tell me what you want to spend and we'll figure it out.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/17 8:54 a.m.

Crap. These would be perfect for the shower I'm redoing in my downstairs bathroom....but I bet crating them and getting them here unbroken would be more effort than they're worth.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/14/17 12:15 p.m.
psteav wrote: Crap. These would be perfect for the shower I'm redoing in my downstairs bathroom....but I bet crating them and getting them here unbroken would be more effort than they're worth.

A truck rental is like $80 from Enterprise, and I could help you fab up some pallet thing from scratch in the bed, but I promise nothing for durability!

Maybe borrow one of those glass-installer trucks with the slanted sides?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/17 1:51 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

You don't want to transport them flat. I built an A frame for my trailer out of 2x4s to transport to huge pieces of glass.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/14/17 1:53 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to tuna55: You don't want to transport them flat. I built an A frame for my trailer out of 2x4s to transport to huge pieces of glass.

They were actually shipped to me (both times) flat, although I tend to agree.

OK, I modify my original ad, in that I will help construct a crate of sorts for the buyer, with no promise of success.

Additional uses:

Incredibly bad and illegal Lemons car windshield

Extremely difficult to use closet door

The start of an oddly shaped aquarium

tripp
tripp Reader
8/16/17 4:45 a.m.

Glass doors are great for fiberglass and carbon fiber work because you can wax them and easily remove layups

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/30/17 10:00 a.m.

Someone take these stupid things out of my house!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ptT2jCJC3Ax11Bcjhc3mwVceD3ihvwd6RkgGrWUlvTwwh6IRNXZqmpmVpIgwryY3