EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/18 8:59 a.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
3/15/18 9:19 a.m.

In reply to EvanB : looks like a mini Cuda.

is that rear glass made of unobtanium ?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/15/18 9:43 a.m.

Crazy it was a 6-year-old car when it was parked, with a blown motor. That's like parking a 2012 now and then having it turn up on Craigslist in 2043 or so.

Notice it's got aggressive tread offroad tires in the rear. I wonder if this was someone's rally car or was that their idea of increasing winter traction?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/15/18 10:11 a.m.

those look like oldschool snows to me.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/15/18 10:47 a.m.

I know where one is that has a motor and is likely for sale.  I doubt it’s running.  

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/15/18 11:24 a.m.

Aren't those snow tires?

Reminds me of a Plymouth Cricket.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/15/18 12:17 p.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy said:

In reply to EvanB : looks like a mini Cuda.

is that rear glass made of unobtanium ?

Is EVERYTHING made of unobtainium?  FTFY  good luck ever finding parts for that.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/15/18 1:36 p.m.

6 years after it was made, in 1975, this was hard to find parts for!  

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/15/18 1:47 p.m.

From the picture, it looks like the garage was inside it since 1975.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/15/18 11:03 p.m.

The Rootes group doesn't get anywhere near the love that the BMC cars do in the U.K. but I'm sure parts will be available.  And Plymouth Cricket aka Hillman Avenger another Rootes group product.  There are a couple of rally entry lists at home with almost half the applicable class being Avengers.  I wonder if it's the 1725cc engine from the Hillman Hunter - most likely.  I'll check the ad in a minute.  The Avenger 'Tiger' was named after the Sunbeam Tiger. smiley

Obligatory Avenger 'Tiger' picture.  Now you can see why I want to find a Plymouth Cricket over here despite the youngest being as old as me. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/15/18 11:06 p.m.

Now that I've seen it I'd buy it if I had the spare cash and the space.  I'd even pay the $1k if the rust isn't too bad.smiley

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
3/16/18 9:30 a.m.

I am an unabashed fan of the British and German 2/3rds scale american cars . I love the Alpine GT and Sunbeam Rapiers. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/16/18 9:36 a.m.

I could view the ad last night but not today.  From what I saw yesterday my biggest concern is the lack of rear screen.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/16/18 10:02 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

I could view the ad last night but not today.  From what I saw yesterday my biggest concern is the lack of rear screen.  

Still shows for me...  

1969 sunbeam alpine gt. no motor in car. been in garage since 1975 with blown motor. body is in good shape. restore or plenty of good parts. $1k

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/16/18 6:19 p.m.

Doesn't look like the pole just landed there, Can't believe someone would knock it out to store a Pole.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
3/16/18 7:20 p.m.

Do people actually use the little orange HF ratchet straps to hold cars to trailers?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
3/16/18 7:27 p.m.

Window may be available in Ohio......

forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/69-alpine-gt-rear-window.26468/

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 10:17 p.m.

Is that a rot hole in the top of the fender? 

Junior_Jose
Junior_Jose New Reader
4/19/18 6:08 p.m.

I'm willing to take a roadtrip from Los Angeles to pick this car up. Someone please let the seller know. 

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
4/19/18 6:16 p.m.

No one here knows the seller 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YaQ3YYYqSIPqV9JOmWoRnAtoy6DUDKjya4qL3Siw2TnWr4ayBNCuSL6d8bDQpVlJ