flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
7/15/10 10:03 p.m.

TEAM S-AUDI - 1986 Audi 4000s Race Car

Front Wheel Drive / Manual Transmission * Full Race Cage built to Lemons Specs * Corbeau Forza Seat (black) * Pyrotect 5pt Harness (black) * Fire Extinguisher and Mount * External Engine Cut-off Switch * 6 Dunlop Direzza Starspecs on Original 14" Wheels

This car was built to compete in Lemons racing, and proved to be a great handler according to our crack team of 911 and E36 M3 drivers. The only downside is that it is on it's original VW 4cyl engine, which runs well, and doesn't leak but is not the most powerful lump. The car was only run in one 15 hour enduro Lemons Race @ Gingerman raceway, prior to that it was a daily driver. Actual Mileage unknown as the odometer does not work, but we believe it is in the low 200's. It's currently not registered but we do have the title if you would like to register it. The only curent issue with the car is that it will require a new set of struts as many of them are blown (fine for street, but not race-ready).

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56659151@N00/sets/72157624509431582/

ASKING PRICE: $2000

If interested please contact the team via craigslist (I'm not on here that often): http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1845489517.html

sobe_death
sobe_death Reader
7/16/10 7:34 a.m.

Good luck with the sale! My first memory of these cars was the family car in E.T.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/16/10 7:50 a.m.

Free bump for a cool photo.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
7/16/10 12:36 p.m.

Our GRM decal is kind of blurry unfortunately...must have been the blazing speed :-)

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/17/10 8:58 p.m.

I like the "High Mount Brake Light" Bada$$ pic x1 more.

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
7/19/10 1:09 p.m.

710....I love that joke.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
7/22/10 6:35 p.m.

PRICE DROP: $1500

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
7/26/10 1:30 p.m.

The guy who's garage this is in seems to be getting a bit antsy (he wants to get his 911 out of the elements...geez). Lowball offers are being entertained.

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/4/10 1:18 p.m.

So someoneshot us an email offering $1000 for this thing and we accepted and he dissapeared. anybody interested at that rediculously good price. At this point I'm thinking we will end up parting it out.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/10 11:55 a.m.

Is this the car?

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/17/10 3:16 p.m.

ha, no way - that thing is practically brand new!

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
8/19/10 8:00 p.m.

Thanks guys! It should be at it's new home sometime in the morning :) Doing a car show with it Sunday, then hope to do some racing with it pretty soon Just got to save some money up to pay for entry fees!

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
8/22/10 9:15 p.m.

I want to see some pics from this car show!

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
8/23/10 12:08 p.m.

Well, it was "Cars & Coffee" that our local SCCA chapter does to try to get more people involved, also a tech day, so didn't even get too much of a 2nd glance except for the laughter, but they always expect something oddball out of me anyways. Got the car on the lift, checked it out, got a good "to do" list before putting it out on track, nothing major, I'm a happy camper. May end up making it to Putnam with some buddies of mine, not sure yet. Put the car on the scales, was amazed that it's only 2311 lbs.! I'm also going to confess that I was thinking a 4000 was closer to Jetta size, imagine the look on my face when I saw that it filled up the trailer Already have the rear shocks on the way, $46 delivered off of Evil-Bay!!! Now to find some better springs & some struts for the front. Oh, btw, does the A/C work?

flash_e_gt
flash_e_gt New Reader
10/7/10 5:50 p.m.

Good question about the AC... I doubt it...but we never tried it. I think we were going to pull out the compressor but then gave up because it seemed like too much work. We bought the car in the winter and drove it in the spring so no need to check out the AC...plus it has no windows...

I was watching videos the other night and realized that I should have posted this (don't really think it would have helped with the sale though...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy_gc1M-Nys

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
10/8/10 10:01 a.m.

That video ROCKED!!!!! Going to do some work on the exhaust, change fuel filters & do a tune up to get ready for when the budget will allow a trip to the track, not sure what to do for a HP increase at the moment, hoping for a 2.0 16V next year.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/9/10 1:40 p.m.

Seeing that S10 out there brought a little tear to my eye

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B2MkJAC9qBe6BtjDDuRei7hkY6PhoBvIBrhwWua5QV442eNkNYe0AKuhofywkCIj