SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/18/16 10:12 a.m.

So, I'm thinking of letting go my CSX project. I bought it on here, and I'd love to sell it to one of you guys. I could part it out myself, but I'd rather see someone bring it back to its former glory than see it get parted and crushed. Right now, as it sits, there are no outer rockers on the car, but I have new replacements ready to weld on. The hood, fenders, and doors are also off the car, but can be bolted back on.

Some details...

The good:

-It's a numbered Shelby car, #115 our of 750 built in 1987

-Comes with a ton of spares and replacement parts, including a brand new FWD Performance clutch, all new brakes, Mopar Performance front strut assemblies, etc.

-New gas tank installed with a Holley high flow fuel pump, and filler neck has been undercoated

-Car has the two-piece intake manifold, Mopar Performance Stage II logic module, bigger injectors, an unknown but bigger than stock turbo, and a full 2.5" exhaust. It should go pretty damn fast!

-Car does run, but I have not tried to move it

-Floor pans have been replaced, so you don't have to worry about that

-Dash is mint, no cracks

-All Shelby-specific parts (except the dash plaque) are present and accounted for, including the ground effects, wheels, and front grille

-Other than the spare tire well and rockers, body is very solid. A lot of the hard work is done.

The Bad:

-NO TITLE (this may or may not be an issue, see below)

-Outer rockers are not welded on

-Spare tire well needs rust repair

-Original seats were trashed (have Impreza Coupe seats to go with the car)

-Steering wheel is in rough shape (have a Grant wheel to go with the car)

-Fuel lines should really be redone

-Engine bay wiring needs to be cleaned up

-Non-original radiator is in the car, so the factory intercooler does not fit (I'd go front mount anyways)

On the title issue, The car was last registered in NH, where older cars do not need titles. Your state might be the same way, but if it's not, I have the previous NH registration, so it should be able to be titled.

This car has a TON of potential for some serious Challenge glory. It could realistically become a top 5 finisher with very little money invested. I really hoped to finish it, but I have spread myself too thin with projects and I need to pick one.

I'm thinking $750 with all the spares and parts I've accumulated over the past 5 1/2 years. Car is located in Middleboro, MA.

Link to build thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1987-shelby-dodge-csx-build-thread/52804/page1/

Some pics:

Back when it was in one piece:

The inside of the engine is pretty clean:

Front floor pan patches have been fabricated and replaced:

Video of the car running: http://youtu.be/B0lfSK6UnUw

If anyone wants pics of anything specific, let me know.

Again, I'm testing the waters, but I think it needs to go so I can focus on my Trans Am. Thanks for looking!

Acme Lab Rat
Acme Lab Rat Reader
1/18/16 11:41 a.m.

This is a STUPIDLY good deal for a relatively rare car.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/19/16 1:26 p.m.

I wish I had the skills and the space for this. Bump for a super deal!

Ironsides
Ironsides New Reader
1/20/16 5:00 p.m.

I live in Middleboro, had no idea this build was taking place right here haha

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/20/16 6:56 p.m.
Ironsides wrote: I live in Middleboro, had no idea this build was taking place right here haha

Nice, another GRM'er from the 'Boro!

Wanna buy it?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/20/16 9:58 p.m.

What would it take to get a title, just wondering

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/21/16 7:56 a.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit:

For $750, that can be the buyer's problem. If it had the title, I'd be selling it for more than that. I've seen similar examples, minus all the spares and parts, sell for around double.

But honestly, my buddy who works at the MA RMV said all that's needed is a Bill of Sale and the previous registration. I honestly haven't had the time to make it down there to do it. Or, if you live in a state that doesn't need the title, it doesn't matter.

Ryed
Ryed New Reader
1/21/16 11:14 a.m.

Sent link to a friend in RI that is a perfect match for this car.

Ironsides
Ironsides New Reader
1/22/16 8:20 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
Ironsides wrote: I live in Middleboro, had no idea this build was taking place right here haha
Nice, another GRM'er from the 'Boro! Wanna buy it?

I honestly contemplated it for a second, given my love for obscure domestic 80's cars.. but then realized the stable is currently full. GLWS Might have to come check out the bird, we have a few ponchos between me and my father.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/29/16 2:18 p.m.

Bump...

Any interest before I release it to the Turbo Dodge sites?

Edit: I may have a guy coming to look at it soon. We'll see what happens!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GflS9VZAtYoXypAWYEcNitXHFaPOf14p7W9W0D8Rvk3Blb9sfmEwwGGEaJVgeLEu