RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/14/09 1:12 p.m.

Welp, after 5 years of just watching my old project rot. Decided I need to give up and move on, and that it's beyond repairing with my current setup.

87 Shelby CSX. 2.2L turbo II , ~128k on it, does need a speedo cable, most of the shelby items intact, will need a new pass seat, repair to the fred-flinstone-d floorboards on the passengers side, clutch and brake work (all new calipers rotors/pads up front, rusty from sitting, rears are a mish mash of shelby and 89+ rear discs, will need some tweaking to work better) . Was running till the 2 piece intake fuel rail started to leak, got a replacement in place, but haven't run fuel hoses/ adjusted the FPR after installing it.

Does have some nice parts on it. +20% injectors, Mopoar Performance Stage II ecu, Greddy Type-S BOV, Accel adjustible FPR.

Make me an offer. If youre local, and you plan on getting it running, I'll give you a screaming deal on a FWD Performance turbo II/turbo3 clutch kit/ polybushings reinforced mounts/bobble strut, ARP bolts for the flywheel and such. I'll even lend a hand getting the thing running agian.

I do have a bill of sale (written out to me, and the previous owners registration) So you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it registered. Make me an offer, I'll especially give an awesome deal if it ends up in the challenge. I'd just like to see this numbered Shelby car actually saved.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/14/09 1:12 p.m.

Btw...I'll get some pics of it within the next 48 hrs of it's current condition.

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
9/14/09 4:29 p.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: If youre local,

Local = where?

Still have the Shelby: wheels? Grille? Number plaque on dash? Steering wheel?

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/14/09 4:59 p.m.

His profiles says Bahston.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/14/09 7:03 p.m.

Sorry guys, Boston, MA....has the grille, ground effects, emblems, steering wheel (foam is chewed upt)...most of the underhood stickers. Wheels are there but are repainted charcoal. Sadly, missing the number plate. But I'm pretty sure it's IIIRC #125 sold outta Norwood Dodge.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/20/09 1:24 p.m.

Ok....got some photos of it today, it's covered in dust...but it actually shines up pretty good. I'll try and clean it out sometime this week and try and get some interior photos, also picked up a clean set up outside weatherstripping for the doors, and cleaner door panels to swap over too. From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

From car stuff

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/20/09 1:25 p.m.

SO yeah...pm with an offer...For a GRM-forum-er . I'll be practically giving it away.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/21/09 8:01 a.m.

Mike, you had better bring this to the Challenge next year!

-Les

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/21/09 9:05 a.m.

Yes...come on..shoot me an offer. I'd just like to see this thing gone at this point. I need storage space for my miata.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/24/09 8:26 p.m.

Anyone? Seriously need some room here, so it's gotta go.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
7/8/10 2:49 p.m.

Reviving this thread from the dead...basically, this car is free if you can get it out of my driveway.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/8/10 3:28 p.m.

Forwarding this to some local friends. Man, I want this so bad, but have nowhere to put it.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/8/10 3:32 p.m.

On second thought...

If I can find somewhere to put this.... I'll take it! I got the OK from the Misses!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/8/10 3:43 p.m.

Ok, found a place to put it! Sent you a PM...

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/8/10 3:45 p.m.

I wish it weren't in Boston. I want one.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/8/10 4:35 p.m.

Official DIBS post...

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
7/9/10 9:11 a.m.

Ok done! Hopefully see you guys soon. I need the space and seeing this thing just sit there is depressing!.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/9/10 11:00 a.m.

I've arranged a truck and trailer to come and get this beast. I can't wait!!!

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
7/10/10 11:56 a.m.

Gone! Sad to see it go, but happy it might be a potential challenger.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/11/10 3:01 a.m.

Thanks again! Made it home and already started planning it's rebirth. This car is awesome!!!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9jsPStLHLvn3TXq6O5fuqHdqMwRA3h1xtPJJWwAjPP2Zes26XrC9aPsF9hFWveKa