indycarseries
indycarseries
3/30/13 8:25 a.m.

Not Mine, No Affiliation

Pros: complete, runs, drives already has a "livery"

Cons: not a convertible (that's why the owner's letting this GA peach go...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-Gremlin-2-Door-Hatchback-1977-AMC-Gremlin-runs-great-NO-RESERVE-/151017976680?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item23295f7368

not my style personally - just saying

84FSP
84FSP New Reader
3/30/13 8:42 a.m.

Wow - i would need to work on growing a respectable Mullet to pilot that beast...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/30/13 10:13 a.m.

If someone is local so they don't have any transport costs to get it home, the thing is challenge priced

it would look much better in amc green with tribal black

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/13 12:32 p.m.

Read the Atlanta clause, in the rules. Green black would look good, but I would rallyx the snot out of it as it sits.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/30/13 1:14 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Read the Atlanta clause, in the rules. Green black would look good, but I would rallyx the snot out of it as it sits.

Got a link? (there's not one here like there ought to be) I had missed that there was a change. I know that for the $2012 rules, it looked like rule #13 would prevent me - because of the gasoline costs - from driving up to GA to pick a $2K car.

• "Shipping (or transportation costs) of the car and parts used in the building process must be counted toward the budget."
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/30/13 4:18 p.m.

Joey, Joey, Joey...

You don't drive to GA to pick up a Challenge car. You drive to GA to visit me, or the Hong Noors, and while you are here, you might as well pick up that car!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/30/13 5:00 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Read the Atlanta clause, in the rules. Green black would look good, but I would rallyx the snot out of it as it sits.

I am not sure such a clause exists.

A search of this site for the exact phrase "Atlanta clause", only shows posts where you reference it.

I am not sure that has been added to the rules.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/13 5:02 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Joey, Joey, Joey... You don't drive to GA to pick up a Challenge car. You drive to GA to visit me, or the Hong Noors, and while you are here, you might as well pick up that car!

what?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/30/13 5:05 p.m.

You got it.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/13 6:41 p.m.

Hmmm, I could have sworn it was discussed at last years banquet. Bit of a blur that weekend is.... paintball scenario that one of our sponsors wanted the WHOLE team there, and the challenge in the same weekend was a little nuts.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
3/31/13 7:10 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
SVreX wrote: Joey, Joey, Joey... You don't drive to GA to pick up a Challenge car. You drive to GA to visit me, or the Hong Noors, and while you are here, you might as well pick up that car!
what?

Did I just get called a Moor?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
3/31/13 4:25 p.m.

That'd be a great car for a new teenage driver...

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/31/13 8:34 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: That'd be a great car for a new teenage driver...

I drove an 81 Camaro with blue, red, yellow and green polka dots all over it, along with "racing stripes" consisting of yellow and blue footprints (from my actual sneakers) down the center.

I never skipped school.

My parents would have heard from everyone they knew if I had.

On the other hand, the prettiest girl in school told me my car was cool. We went on to have an awesome fling with lots of naughty bits.

Or, I weakly said "thanks" and thought about the rest,

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xqSAbKobyXxnT1zlCr9L496HFyvrjs9VRzXUGstjIu5MPINO9UhOMuIuBZyXfpzO