Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/11 9:03 a.m.

I am trying to clear out some space in my shared office at home (and the garage, and the attic, but whatever ).

Offered up first are a collection of three hardcover Auto Racing/USA books. I have Volumes 3, 4, and 5. They are large books full of excellent period photography covering ALL motor racing in the US during each given year. There's Indy, sprint cars, NASCAR, Endurance, Showroom Stock, NHRA, Prototypes, Baja, just the gamut! All three are in very nice shape with just some minor wear and aging of the clear plastic sleeve protector. Read more about them at Amazon:

I am asking $20 shipped to anywhere in the US for all 3. (Note that the shipping is $10.95 minimum!) These are very much like new on the inside, and are a treasure trove of 80's racing facts.

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
7/9/11 11:18 a.m.

These are awesome! I already have the 85 and the 87 and that is a great deal.

Javelin
7/11/11 8:18 a.m.

Monday morning bump.

Javelin
7/13/11 8:20 a.m.

Tuesday price drop. Need space! $20 shipped for all 3 to anywhere in the US!

Javelin
7/27/11 8:30 a.m.

I stuck them on eBay:

1985 Volume 3

1986 Volume 4

1987 Volume 5

If you win please let me know that you are a GRM'er and I will cut the shipping to FREE. They're just collecting dust and taking up space.

Javelin
7/31/11 7:41 p.m.

Two days left, no bids. Free shipping for GRM'ers.

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
8/1/11 4:41 p.m.

If you don't have any takers let me know and I'm sure we can work something out. I'd hate to see them get thrown out or something. They look in better condition than mine so maybe I'll just give mine to my godson to flip through and keep yours.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
8/2/11 9:23 a.m.

If I'm not stepping on HeavyDuty's toes I'll be a taker

Do you want me to go through ebay? I'm happy to go with the $20 deal. Either way is fine with me.

Javelin
8/2/11 10:42 a.m.

MattB,

I don't think HD will mind as he already owns 2 of the 3 books. Please buy them on eBay and no matter what they go for I'll give you the lowest price (either the eBay total if it's less than $20 shipped or the $20 if you have to bid above that). Just make sure you win them all!

Matt B
Matt B Dork
8/2/11 12:03 p.m.

Done

Matt B
Matt B Dork
8/3/11 9:46 a.m.

...and paid.

Great deal - thanks man.

btw - just asking due to your ebay name - do you do airbrush work?

Javelin
8/4/11 9:25 a.m.

Many moons ago, but I sucked at it. I can airbrush a model car pretty well, but can't get any kind of actual "art" to come out of the damn thing.

Anyways, thanks for helping clean out my stuff. They're being shipped out today.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
8/4/11 9:42 a.m.

I hear ya - I couldn't quite master it myself and I was an oil painting major at one point. I've been thinking about commissioning some "classic" panama city-style work as a gift for my wife. I know, real classy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cs5ctdyojHRC8Gx4QHRVl4MzZaaBsFC82u76M53VCjlHK9YOoMEHfJrpcWCVyEj5