donalson
donalson PowerDork
3/16/15 12:08 a.m.

for the last several years I've been working on occasion on an '88 s10 short bed with putting a volvo b230 (2.3L turbo) drivetrain into it... I've got it to the point of running on megasquirt, then the fuel pump failed... if you haven't seen it before you can find some of my build log here http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=233076 my intention was to build it up as just a fun car with plans of doing the grassrootsmotorsports $20XX challenge

its become apparent that its not going to get finished any time soon under my watch... it needs more time than I'm can give it... the big $$$ things left to buy are having a driveshaft built ($75-100 around here from talking to a few driveshaft shops), get the power steering hoses built (or swap to a manual steering box), and a fuel pump... the rest of it is just a matter of time, minor fab, and tuning.

I'm looking at passing this along to someone who would be willing to finish it up and ideally bring it to the challenge... if I can't find someone that will finish it up I'll just strip the good volvo stuff from it and sell the shell which would be a great v8 shell... in short I'm not looking for someone to buy this to strip it out.

if you've got any interest AND means of getting it from the Houston area hit me up... I moved it here from FL on a tow dolly (I put new rear tires on it for the trip) but flat towing is out as the front tires are trash... this was my grandfather-in-laws truck before he passed and I really don't want to let it go but with time constraints and likely storage issues in the coming year I just can't justify keeping it :-/

for more info check out the build thread http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=233076 the big/nice parts you get include wideband 02 (built but not installed), megasquirt (wired and running), a nice Chinese bar/plate IC, an awesome hurst shifter, 91+ turbo manifold with a tdo4hl13g (I think) turbo with Vband with a box of 3" mandrels, if you want to step up to 15g or something else this is a good base..., several rubbermade tubs of stock volvo stuff and even an old man LEER camper/topper... for a little extra I can toss in a '91+ engine (bigger rod bottom ends)

for price I'm thinking $600. for more info PM me or email me at mr2donalson at gmail.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AA9Wr86x8vPXQ4BKpO5nQsudoxEuxTQ1dMrT87GblaAFGhxLAehbSGLZxTfLD40B