93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/6/09 2:59 p.m.

No aff, not mine, blah blah blah

Quantum Synchro Wagon - $900

1995 Passat GLX VR6 5-speed - $1500

These are two of VWs cars that have always really interested me, so i thought i'd pass them along.

I'm not sure how good of a deal the Passat is, what are the chances the valves are trashed?

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
2/6/09 4:28 p.m.

He says that it runs and drives, so I'm assuming that the chains are just noisy and need to be changed soon, like just about every older VR6.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/6/09 4:31 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: He says that it runs and drives, so I'm assuming that the chains are just noisy and need to be changed soon, like just about every older VR6.

Typically expensive or not? Something that the mediocre mechanic should attempt? This a good deal?

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
2/6/09 7:10 p.m.

The quantum syncro has some parts on it that could probably be sold for almost double the asking price for the car.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado New Reader
2/7/09 12:22 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
16vCorey wrote: He says that it runs and drives, so I'm assuming that the chains are just noisy and need to be changed soon, like just about every older VR6.
Typically expensive or not? Something that the mediocre mechanic should attempt? This a good deal?

Depends on how well you "rattle the spanners". It's do-able, but complicated.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1264409

I took mine to a shop, but it's the shop I used to race out of, so I caught a price break.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I0Gv00IqkyxHEM7BPpg4bPyi2MHDh6wOo6TuFFKhSdWKYH09RZps837gvYrZd1We