1 2 3 ... 8
sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/11/14 12:05 a.m.

Hey guys. I would really love to find a solid MX-6 GT, 5-speed, for a new DD/fun car. I'm in VA Beach, but I'm willing to travel a little ways if it's worth it. I've got $2k to spend, so PM me if you know of or see anything! Thanks!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/11/14 7:16 a.m.

Send a PM to "Inlogauge" on here. He's got one he's trying to move.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
2/11/14 8:29 a.m.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4326383418.html

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/11/14 10:57 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Send a PM to "Inlogauge" on here. He's got one he's trying to move.

Did that. I would totally do a fly & drive to ATL, but his is running poorly at the moment. I told him to contact you and see if you had any insight on the issue.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/11/14 10:58 a.m.

In reply to ScreaminE:

Hmmm, no title?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/11/14 11:33 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Send a PM to "Inlogauge" on here. He's got one he's trying to move.
Did that. I would totally do a fly & drive to ATL, but his is running poorly at the moment. I told him to contact you and see if you had any insight on the issue.

Yep, we've been in contact. I'd still buy it depending on price you could work out with him. From what i understand, it runs fine at highway speeds.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/11/14 1:14 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

I need it reliable enough to drive from ATL to VA Beach, so I can't take any chances. Any ideas what his issue is?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/11/14 1:24 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: I need it reliable enough to drive from ATL to VA Beach, so I can't take any chances. Any ideas what his issue is?

Last time he swapped the VAF after i said it was suspect, the car ran fine for a period of time.

Could be that, could be a vacuum leak, sensor, etc...

But as long as it has good compression (it does), there's really nothing it could be that's actually expensive.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
2/11/14 2:41 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

Texted him for pictures of the car. Will let you know if he sends me any.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
2/11/14 3:13 p.m.

This one looks and sounds promising: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bar/4287877101.html

I love those FC 'vert wheels on it.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/11/14 6:27 p.m.

The CL app works way better than the CL website or any other CL portal. You can use it to scour large swaths of territory in real time. I would save up another $500-800 and keep your eyes out for a nice one on the west coast or PNW. Then have it shipped to you. That's what I did on my recent 626 GT.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/11/14 6:39 p.m.

Of course, as I say that there's nothing listed right now.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/11/14 11:54 p.m.

This hunt would work for a 626 GT as well, I would rock one of those for sure. I usually use Search Tempest if I want to hunt over a larger area, it works pretty well.

In reply to Powar:
That thing looks really nice, even though I'm not a fan of red. It's a little farther than I would like to go, but I'll keep it on my radar.

In reply to ScreaminE:
I texted him for pics too, haven't heard anything yet. The no title thing messes things up, unless he can get another from his DMV (if it's even in his name).

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
2/12/14 8:08 a.m.

No answer either. Must be sold. I hate people on Craigslist who won't respond.

lenhart06
lenhart06 New Reader
2/12/14 7:15 p.m.

You don't want a street car, what you really need is a MX-6 GT race car. Throw me an offer and it could be yours... http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4321349441.html

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/12/14 8:39 p.m.

In my dream world, that car will still be available once I have my shop built.

Seth, theres an absolutely gorgeous white one in California for cheap but it's an auto. Between James and I, we can provide parts for a manual swap.

If thats something that interests you. I can offer a place to crash on the way home.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/12/14 11:40 p.m.

There is this one, just waiting for a swap.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4265050805.html

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/12/14 11:59 p.m.

At this point I want one that is ready to go. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want a project. I got rid of my Z because I didn't need a project, so my wife will kill me if I tell her, "All it needs is a tranny swap!" Plus, doing a tranny swap in my parking lot is very unappealing to me. I really hope Inlogauge gets his working properly, I'd fly to ATL for that one in a heartbeat if it's as nice as the pic looks. As much fun as a fly & drive to Cali would be, it would have to be the perfect car for me to do that. Keep the links coming though guys!

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast Reader
2/13/14 1:07 a.m.

This one has been on Portland CL for a while now: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4326758532.html

But that's an awfully long way from your home.

Brett_Murphy
2/13/14 11:16 a.m.

Seth, the raleigh one is local. I can probably get eyes on it if you want once Snowmageddon is over.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
2/13/14 11:20 a.m.

That one looks great except for the "sealed sunroof." I wouldn't want that problem hanging over my head, so to speak. Fixable but a lot of work. I'm so glad my all of my turbo 626s are sans-sunroof.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/14 11:21 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: There is this one, just waiting for a swap. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4265050805.html

That ad is borderline offensive.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/14 11:23 a.m.

I'd buy the one in Portland. The sunroof design isn't great on these in the first place, HUGE amounts of buffeting when open at highway speeds, so i never use mine.

I'd make sure it doesn't leak, and roll.

Offer the dude $1500.

Brett_Murphy
2/13/14 11:57 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: That ad is borderline offensive.

It is on Craigslist. What did you expect?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/14 12:01 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: That ad is borderline offensive.
It is on Craigslist. What did you expect?

Good point, but the dude doesn't even seem to be aware of which generation his car is. Which is fine by itself, but REALLY stupid when he then tries to tell you about all the awesome things you can easily do to it.

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1bj68H5TfbG8RlOFRb9Ou9RyqtdEqLsectJf3VZSGgp12xov7kwZduKQI77b2Olg