Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/18 6:57 a.m.

Wanted: BMW 2002 rear license plate bracket. I’m looking for the one that has the lights on the side. I’m guessing, but I probably want a 74-76, but I’ll consider any. Thanks. 

Like this, but with the lights:

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/25/18 7:24 a.m.

I'll look through my stash and see if I have a spare lying around. FWIW, I believe the light housings are NLA, so don't buy one with a broken light thinking it can be easily replaced.

If you don't get one here, try the classifieds over at 2002faq.com.

Woody
6/25/18 8:22 a.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Thanks! I didn't know that the lights were NLA.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/25/18 10:16 a.m.

As I feared, I have a plate but without the light housings. There are a few generic Hella options that look like they could be adapted if you're not hung up on originality.

Woody
6/25/18 11:16 a.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

I am interested in the plate, as I can probably build something off of it. Can you post a photo? How much do you want for it?

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/25/18 12:27 p.m.

Sent you an email with photos.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
6/25/18 7:16 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I have one or two of those.  Not sure if the box containing said part is in the garage, or in the car thats in storage 100 miles from here.  If 02pilot doesn't come thru for you, I'll start digging.

Woody
6/25/18 7:23 p.m.

In reply to tr8todd :

I believe that we have found one, but thank you.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
6/26/18 5:28 a.m.

If you ever need anything else, let me know.  I'm seriously considering dumping my car and all of the parts on Ebay and putting the money towards kids college funds.  First step is to find a day to go retrieve the car and get it back home.  A missing part here or there isn't going to effect the value of the package.  If I had more time, I could probably sell off the parts for what I wanted for the whole package and still have the race car.  Somethings got to go around here.  I can barely move with all the projects I have going at once right now.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
34ibWHtJiXJotJdRPcLVoDflMy04fTE7ifYphevt719KA9XGdc06DC0B6KJ9CA6m