SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/14/17 2:37 p.m.

I'm looking for a T5 at Challenge price. 

Anyone got one they can spare?

Extra points if it's from a 3rd gen f body with a V8. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/14/17 2:43 p.m.

Adams auto parts in Greenville sc is where i got mine for 125. 98 camaro 3800. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/14/17 3:18 p.m.

The one I took out of the Monster project needs a bearing retaining shaft (goes over the input shaft), otherwise the gears seem good and it rotates smoothly.  I'd let someone pick it up for a case of good beer :-)

----also needs a bellhousing.  No guarantees how good it actually is.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/14/17 6:12 p.m.

This weekend is all you can carry for $65 at Go pull it in Jacksonville. Challenger's dream. Unfortunately I can't go. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/14/17 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Didn't realize you were in Greenville. That's shooting distance for me. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/15/17 5:24 a.m.

Im not. Mad ratel and tuna55 are. Im outside Charlotte.  But Greenville isn't far from Charlotte 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
12/15/17 9:59 a.m.
Stampie said:

This weekend is all you can carry for $65 at Go pull it in Jacksonville. Challenger's dream. Unfortunately I can't go. 

This is interesting... It is a little known fact that I can carry a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine (sans accessories of course).  

Stampie
12/15/17 2:44 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab :

The other yard in town (Ace) sent out their all you can carry email  today. Can you carry a big block?

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
12/15/17 3:49 p.m.

Can you pay Double and use Two People ? It would still be cheap for the right Big block.

Stampie
12/15/17 3:59 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Yes you can except their normal price for a 8 cylinder is $305. It's half off every Monday on engines so I'd rather just get it for $152.50 than spend several days in bed with a locked up back. 

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
12/15/17 5:06 p.m.

I have a world class unit, with toasted gears if you're looking to rebuild one. 

Free.com

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/16/17 12:32 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to NordicSaab :

The other yard in town (Ace) sent out their all you can carry email  today. Can you carry a big block?

The way I've seen that done is a young guy, a pole and two engines chained to the pole. one on each side. 

Stampie
12/16/17 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

We can use a driveshaft for the pole and seatbelts to strap the engines to it. Problem is finding the young guy part. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/16/17 11:01 p.m.

Yeah, at 17 I could have done it with little issue. (not sure about the big blocks, walking with 1k might be a bit of a stretch) At 39 the weight room is much less of a priority in life.

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer New Reader
12/18/17 11:43 a.m.

Unfortunately just sold a T5, but still have some of the ancillaries - Camaro V8 bellhousing with stock clutch fork, as well as the driveshaft.  I also have a brand new in the box Lakewood HD clutch fork and adjustable pivot point.  Happy to make a deal on some or all, especially if it makes it to the Challenge.  smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y474GAxywFE4XoTzDWDrEuVGs03gT1PQY35rY5zQ3UPZyigoSAiQa4DjEisZZV8L