Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/21/12 1:54 p.m.

Anyone got one fairly cheap? DC area would be great- just need the winged aluminum carrier. I'm finally going to rebuild the rear suspension in the MG Midget and would like to work with an unbroken unit this time.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/12 2:05 p.m.

FYI, those things can be welded back up - assuming the arm is broken off one side.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/21/12 3:17 p.m.

One was broken off, and I cut the other off to match back in the day. That's how I got a good deal, but now I want to do it right. Whatever that means!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/21/12 4:13 p.m.

I've got one from an FC RX7, it is the same but supposedly stronger. Has one bolt broken off in a hole which will need to be extracted. Missing one drain plug.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
11/21/12 4:25 p.m.

I have an open diff from an FC RX-7 with carrier. If that is the same I could let it go fairly cheap.
In the DC area.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/21/12 6:52 p.m.

Hey Mox,

I remember meeting you at my first (and only) rallycross at summit point. I was in a WRX wagon that debeaded and sidewalled a tire on the last morning run and had to go home early. This was 2010(?). I think you were driving a saturn or something. I learned that you can't expect to rallyx your daily (and only) reliable vehicle.

What are you looking at, price-wise? I'm obviously trying to go cheap, and really only need the housing, but for the right price, could deal with the whole shebang.

Evan: what are you looking at, price wise for the housing? I think I could do the minor bits to get it to work for mine.

Thanks fellas!!

moxnix
moxnix Reader
11/22/12 7:05 a.m.

The saturn? I only did one event in that car before switching to the rx7. I now have a rx7 and a impreza for rallyx. You should come back out next year :)

I had not thought about selling it until you asked so had not figured pricing yet. If you have a price in mind let me know what it is otherwise I'll figure out a price when I get back from thankgiving weekend.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/22/12 8:25 p.m.

Good job on ditching the saturn! For some reason I can't get around the corner with having a bunch of cars serving different purposes- my MG's purpose is to sit in my newly constructed garage and take up space. The '95 M3 is to get me to work and back while simultaneously bothering me with headliner and front strut replacement issues (also, WTF is "low beam failure"?), and the '02 WRX wagon just transports the wife with beautiful japanese reliability (except that burning smell).
So, E36 M3, man, I don't know what to offer you without insult. I'd like to get out with just the winged housing for $100 or less, but that's unrealistic with a full diff, so I'd hate to put you in a spot. Honestly, within reason, the convenience of getting the housing is more important to me than scoring a screaming big deal, but that could be just the "time factor" talking.

Hope you had a great thanksgiving, and will talk soon,

B

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
11/23/12 10:09 a.m.

I have one from a 1995 Miata.

PM sent.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/23/12 12:54 p.m.

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to check on this again. You can have the housing for the price of shipping, I just need to clear out my garage a bit.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/24/12 11:08 a.m.

Thanks Pseudo and Mox- I'm going to have to go with Evan though. I'll PM you so we can work something out. Thanks!

moxnix
moxnix Reader
11/25/12 3:17 p.m.

Can't compete with that pricing. If things end up falling thru just let me know.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
35D0JSgmhHTVTtabRYdNcbJEOaRzGepfnFw3xm5kNdjNuhSe7CY2svvHuQC9fmzc