Baylis None
June 22, 2012 3:11 p.m.

A friend of mine and myself enjoy building our toys, but a recent buy has us aimed at grassroots. We found us a 750il V12/Trans/ECU etc etc for $400. We have been looking for a miata shell (preferably NB because I have a jig to make the NB subframes from a V8 miata build and I like the way they look more). Anyone know of a shell in their respective area? We live in Gainesville Florida but we can travel all over to find what we are looking for. Thanks for the help, we'll be sure to post the build thread once we have a shell and figure out exactly what we want to do.

Spinout007 Dork
June 23, 2012 1:19 a.m.

Might wanna bug metalman on here and see what he might be able to.do.

Baylis New Reader
June 23, 2012 10:01 p.m.

lol, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Spinout007 Dork
June 23, 2012 10:29 p.m.

Or even Karl la folette that man's back yard will make anyone want to spend hours there.

Baylis New Reader
June 24, 2012 7:33 p.m.

It doesn't have the hood or the front driver side fender, but this is JUST ABOUT what I am looking for! lol, so close. I just want a complete shell, doesn't even need to be this nice!

1999 NB shell - $500 Daytona Florida http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/3097805129.html

metalman Reader
June 25, 2012 9:37 a.m.

In my world you'd be best off to buy a whole NB and then keep what you want.....unless you can use one that is wrecked, beat to death and not straight. The value of a Miata is in the body. The NB is the chassis of preference for spec. North of 2k for a straight roller isnt unusual at all. Of course some dumbass kid out there might sell you a nice roller cheap...you never know.

Baylis New Reader
June 25, 2012 10:37 a.m.

I've seen them go for around $500 for a shell (don't even need a roller) when I DIDN'T want one. Now that I want one, what do you know, all gone. In the end I'll probably do the NA and just buy a NB steering rack. I just think the NB's are the best looking of the lot. And on an off topic note, the ND's look sick... haha. I'm in no hurry, I just want a shell with all the panels, they don't need to be pretty.

metalman Reader
June 25, 2012 10:52 a.m.

The body panels are where the value is. $500 wont get you anything around here in an NB. Just the headlights are $200 up. GL w/ your search.

Baylis New Reader
June 25, 2012 2:00 p.m.

we'll see, either way it's not the end of the world. I just figure if I can get my hands on a NB then I'd be much happier than a NA. But I'm sure whatever we put the m70 in will be fun. Talking to a guy a bout a Z3 shell we want to pick up for $500

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

20 hours ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 day ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

1 day ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

2 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

3 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

3 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

3 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

4 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

5 days ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

Chris Albin’s Flying VW Golf: What Really Happened?

1 week ago in News

What really happened to send Chris Albin's VW Golf flying?

Drive Cars From the Lane Motor Museum Collection

1 week ago in News

Love older, maybe slightly weirder cars? This event is for you.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
wdt8aT6SdcUPNeiAurwrivFhF5ZAXab6