Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/9/17 9:08 p.m.

I'm looking for either a 12a or a 13b with a 5 speed I can swap into an old BMW. I want as complete an engine as I can get as cheap as I can manage, not that I'd turn away a bridgeported monster for close to what it's worth. Side draft carbs are always a plus. Needing a rebuild does not rule it out (I have a jar of Vaseline and I'm not afraid to use it).

The closer to Dayton, Ohio the better.

dd0480
dd0480 New Reader
3/9/17 9:51 p.m.

I have a 13B with the Rotary Engineering dual Weber 36DCD carb kit on it that's about to get pulled from my FB to sell the roller. I have an envelope of paperwork with rebuild info for it that I need to sort through, i never got around to doing that after buying the car. I was planning on keeping it for something not smart down the road, but could probably be convinced to sell it to let something not smart happen with it in the nearer future. A little far from OH though, I'm in Denver.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/9/17 11:07 p.m.

I have a 13b s4 with all manifolds and electronics with a trans.

I actually have 2 of them...

Located near pittsburgh pa.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/10/17 9:07 a.m.

Any 12as out there should post. They are becoming rarer and my spec class mandates them.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
3/10/17 10:58 a.m.

Damn and all I want is a "cheap" 13b turbo....

The0retical
The0retical Dork
3/10/17 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50:

Yea me too but since late January the price of them has increased 50%.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
3/10/17 3:46 p.m.

Aussie Steve had several of them. He may happen along.

jamscal
jamscal Dork
3/10/17 8:17 p.m.

I have a running driving 13b from my 1984 gsl-se on ebay right now. I'll take less. Still in car and I'm in Louisville...so a 3? hr drive. I'm going for a 5.3 swap.

youtube vid of it running

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/17 4:43 a.m.
markwemple wrote: Any 12as out there should post. They are becoming rarer and my spec class mandates them.

This. I gave away all of the rest of my 12A paraphernalia (mainly carburetors/manifolds and some headers) about ten years ago because the prospect of finding more 12As was very slim.

12As are a special problem because when they need rebuilding, they almost always need rotors and rotor housings. The rotors wear out and the rotor housings flake off before the seals are worn out, they seem to be the primary wear items. Which have been NLA for quite a long time.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/17 7:38 a.m.

I have a 12a in good shape too. I am going to yank it out of my sa and put in 1 of my 13b.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/11/17 7:52 a.m.

How much for your 12a?

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/11/17 11:05 a.m.
jamscal wrote: I have a running driving 13b from my 1984 gsl-se on ebay right now. I'll take less. Still in car and I'm in Louisville...so a 3? hr drive. I'm going for a 5.3 swap. youtube vid of it running

That sounds like exactly what I need and not terribly far away. Do you want to sell the tranny with it?

I should have specified I'd rather have a 4 port than 6. I knew 12as weren't getting any more common, but I didn't know people were kinda desperate for them.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
3/11/17 11:21 a.m.

If you need a trans I've got a smooth case trans that came with my RX3 I likely won't use.

I'm on the other side of PA so it's a bit of a haul. I'm crossing though Ohio on business in a couple of weeks if you're interested.

jamscal
jamscal Dork
3/11/17 12:52 p.m.
Cactus wrote:
jamscal wrote: I have a running driving 13b from my 1984 gsl-se on ebay right now. I'll take less. Still in car and I'm in Louisville...so a 3? hr drive. I'm going for a 5.3 swap. youtube vid of it running
That sounds like exactly what I need and not terribly far away. Do you want to sell the tranny with it? I should have specified I'd rather have a 4 port than 6. I knew 12as weren't getting any more common, but I didn't know people were kinda desperate for them.

Yes, trans can go too. email at jamscal-at-att-dotnet

You can come down and drive it...pull it same day if you'd like.

I have an overhead crane.

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/15/17 8:29 a.m.

After doing a little looking, looks like there's a whole bridgeported FB on racingjunk for about the cost of the engine rebuild kit and intake/header setup that I'd need to Bridgeport just an engine.

Anybody want to buy a FB roller?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
3/16/17 9:09 a.m.

I'd be interested in an FB roller. Clean? Location?

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/20/17 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Will be Dayton, OH. It's near Chicago now. Appears pretty clean. Couple bubbles in the front and behind the rear fenders, but solid underneath per the seller. Can deliver for round trip gas money within a few hours. I think I'll be fetching it this weekend.

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/26/17 4:18 a.m.

Long trip to chi-town and back in a slow, inefficient truck to not bring back an FB. It was not everything I hoped it would be. Started too easily, idled too nicely, didn't pull quite like I expected, and the tach was dead, so no idea what kind of power it really makes. Body was nice, offered what I felt was fair for what I thought it had, seller did not agree.

Edit: I found a turbo ii engine locally with 5 speed transmission but no intake or exhaust. It'll work for mock-up purposes, but I think it'll need a rebuild. Looks like there was some portwork done, but I can't determine to what extent without cracking it open.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BwXLq3AeWW3EoPjpCofkolQf4NWX2LT0nPWPmiOBX5aeHWtSAnbFltkF6DWmiOie