Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
5/31/13 10:05 a.m.

Progressing toward getting the EMS back in service, and the steering column unfortunately was cut and a cheapo hex steering wheel release (poorly) welded on. As an extra bonus one of the cast aluminum stalk ears is broken off.

That simply will not do.

So, anybody have at least the upper portion of a 99 steering column, with good mounts, and will fit a '74? Just for reference, the early 900 (so possibly late 99) columns (I have one of these already) mount to the dash in a completely different fashion, so an early car would be better... I'd be interested in a complete column/wheel/stalks assembly as well.

Let me know what you've got! Thanks!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/31/13 10:30 a.m.

Did you get it running yet?

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
5/31/13 11:27 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Time is severely limited with the family addition, and the ignition switch is bad... the new one is mocking me from the kitchen table :lol: All the wiring is traced out, and I've replaced the points with a Pertronix unit so I fully expect it to fire right up when I finally get 2 hours free

EvanB
5/31/13 11:52 a.m.

Well at least you got farther than me.

Powar
Powar Dork
5/31/13 12:01 p.m.

I don't have one laying around, but I'd recommend posting this on SaabRally.com. Those guys likely have something for you.

EvanB
5/31/13 12:08 p.m.

There was the guy in the northeast that recently bought around 10 99s, maybe he has one for you. (on saabrally.com)

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
5/31/13 2:15 p.m.

Have now done exactly that... thanks for the reminder guys

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sYp9AuEzmFUKX2NkqG8Fa8yTlygytZH8qicbx8ZdIESyJrAZNAyIDaUHI5gPC56m