irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/18/18 3:28 p.m.

As stated, looking for some stock 09-13 WRX springs (sedan, not hatchback). If you have some sitting around collecting dust, LMK and I'll take them off your hands for some cash :)

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/18/18 5:01 p.m.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to tell if they're sedan or hatchback but I have springs and struts from a WRX of that generation (I think my forester was a 2012?) <20k miles on them that I used to slam my Forester back in the day. If you know how to identify them I can find out. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/18/18 5:43 p.m.

Looks like most of the internet agrees they're the same for hatch and sedan. not 100% sure, but worth a try. How much are you looking to get, shipped? Trying to find some local but no luck so far (though I'm not in a terrible rush).

EDIT: I do want to make positively sure that they're NOT from the 2008, which are much softer than the 09+. Are there any part numbers on them?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/18/18 6:12 p.m.

Lemme dig them out of the attic - I'll get part numbers on 'em - hopefully they're easy to ID, it's been so long I don't remember the exact details. Shipping is a bear - for a GRM'er probably 50 + shipping for all four springs + struts? They look brand new. I'll have to see what they weigh and if flat rate boxes or similar can be coerced, etc.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/18/18 10:49 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

Lemme dig them out of the attic - I'll get part numbers on 'em - hopefully they're easy to ID, it's been so long I don't remember the exact details. Shipping is a bear - for a GRM'er probably 50 + shipping for all four springs + struts? They look brand new. I'll have to see what they weigh and if flat rate boxes or similar can be coerced, etc.

sounds good, no big rush, whenever you get around to it. Not sure if I need the struts at all unless they're "like new" since KYB GR-2s are a step up from stock and dirt-cheap on Rockauto right now :)

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/20/18 7:51 a.m.

Just so you know - I haven't forgotten. It's probably going to be the weekend before I can roll the Exocet out of the garage and get into the Attic! The pains of owning a "true" one car garage (more like a 1/2 car)

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/26/18 7:22 p.m.

Sorry that took so long. Here they are!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iAAeyMchegUwyMbS9

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/30/18 9:31 a.m.

BTW irish44j said he was going to pass on these - so same deal for anyone else on here!

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/1/18 6:37 p.m.

Yep, I sold the car, but free bump!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMhhcc3eo98xNWPcnfjFtDbPTCu3DNF8R2OKDcuoNDVIdKPQKwGXXtH1CHWXHEX8