Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/13 1:22 p.m.

I'm converting the Javelin's AMC V8 to EFI. I want to buy your stuff. Hopefully you have a FAST EZ-EFI or MSD Atomic laying around for $200? If not, stuff like fuel rails, injectors, and wiring harnesses interest me. Apparently it's relatively easy to get a Ford EEC-IV A9L to run a cludged setup. Throttle-body only would be vastly easier, though. Willing to trade a nearly new 625cfm Carter AFB.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
11/1/13 1:37 p.m.

I probably have some fuel rail stock leftover for cheap if you have means to cut/machine injector holes.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/1/13 1:39 p.m.

I has this for sell...

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
11/1/13 1:40 p.m.

I've got a ford 5.0 efi manifold laying around. I think it still has fuel rails and injectors attached. I'll give a look tonight.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/1/13 3:37 p.m.

electromotive TEC II interest you? have the computer with plugs to make harness and coil packs and the crank sensor with a new trigger wheel. if yes $125 shipped will take it.

make harness, drill trigger wheel to fit on your balancer, make sensor bracket, add rails/injectors/throttle body and go. or similarly phrased "it's so simple a 5 year old could do it" lie inserted here.

could probably dig up a throttle body off a 350 tbi that you could grind off all the injector crap from and epoxy a plate over the injector pod hole and it would be perfect to bolt to your intake via a holley adapter and provide you with gm sensors and would make it that much easier to plug and play.

Javelin
11/1/13 3:42 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

Now that is intriguing, especially since I need a new distributor no matter what I do. I could take that thing out entirely (boy that would look odd), and run this. Combine it with DIYAutoTune's TB, a set of used rails/injectors, and a bare Edelbrock EFI manifold...

Javelin
11/1/13 3:54 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Thanks, I'd be interested!

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
11/1/13 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Why do you need a new distributor?

Javelin
11/1/13 4:01 p.m.

In reply to pres589:

OE 1973 unit, loose bearings, single-point. Dad probably has an ancient dual-point Mallory unit, but ideally I'd like electronic/optical pickup, especially for EFI, and required if I go a route that will require timing control, too. Chinese HEI's are cheap, but I hate them.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
11/1/13 4:09 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Ah, gotcha. Can you rebuild a stock distributor, then add something like a Pertronix pickup and some kind of sparker box like an MSD? Worked for the magazine when they did that Volvo 122 swap.

Javelin
11/1/13 4:21 p.m.

In reply to pres589:

Yes, but the cost would be about the same as replacing it with one of the many aftermarket options. Basically, I need to spend money there no matter what. Eliminating that would free up funds for other parts of the EFI conversion.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
11/1/13 11:02 p.m.

Sign me up for the electromotive set-up if jav doesn't want it and you are looking to sell. I've been on the fence between their stuff and sds stuff for my turbo Opel project.

I have an odd efi option I'd pass along if you want to try it on the javelin. I'd have to dig it out to get the details but it's the controller for an old formula vee efi set-up, and I would call it a speed density system except instead of something to measure air for the density part it instead uses a rheostat on the circuit board that is cable operated by the throttle. So it has like 6 wires total. Probably not ideal for cold starts and such, but still...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wg6l8fjE8J6jHZwW47ei5DeNApd2GJ4vLCLf3tEGEGPJKm3Jn7tx1GYgfaoWZlaZ