Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/13 7:09 p.m.

THIS X1/9 race car had to show up now of all times. $750.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/18/13 7:10 p.m.

Oh my god, that is an incredible base for a challenge car.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
2/18/13 7:34 p.m.

Ha, I added that link to the 79 bertone x1/9 thread. Looks like a great start point!

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/18/13 7:35 p.m.

wish i had those wheels when ihad the yugo

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/18/13 7:42 p.m.

Holy hell that is awesome.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/13 9:05 p.m.

Erk, yeah. Saw that earlier...

Keep finding stuff I should grab except that the garage isn't done yet.

Also letting my current fascination with the idea of finding a Granada be proof to myself that I'm not currently of sound mind...

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
2/19/13 8:18 a.m.

Damn that thing for being on the wrong coast!!!!!!!

(though my marriage thanks you)

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/13 9:46 a.m.

In reply to ransom:

My storage spot is empty and I charge a very reasonable rent! I'll even work on it! (Do you think an AMC V8 would fit?)

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/19/13 10:42 a.m.
Gearhead_42 wrote: Damn that thing for being on the wrong coast!!!!!!!

+1

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/13 10:59 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I can't tell which one of us I'm doing more wrong by with my continued attempts at willpower...

I think the real problem here is that the Challenge is on the wrong coast... Still hope to get there someday, but it's going to be a very special project to be worth "pulling a Nashco" and shipping it the whole diagonal national span...

Now, if this were for sale in Florida, someone from this coast would be morally obliged to buy it and build in in the two weeks prior to the Challenge...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/19/13 1:40 p.m.

A Chrysler 2.2/2.5L turbo drivetrain would fit with a little trimming of the engine bay. Would use the existing axles with Chryco inboard CV joints.

I have a forged piston 2.5L bottom end and a later, stronger A523 5-speed transaxle, shifter and cables, wiring harness, plus a top end sitting in my garage from my old X-1.9 swap project.

Should be good for 300hp with the right turbo (I have a Neon DOHC head and a Holset HX35 if you're crazy enough to try to modify the block to accept the head and build/buy a DOHC exhaust manifold)

I also have some spare X-1/9 parts from my old project (including a 1500cc motor)

I would make these available for a reasonable price.

J308
J308 Reader
2/19/13 1:49 p.m.

dang that is legit for $750!!!!!!!!

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/19/13 9:38 p.m.

Do transport fees count towards Challenge budgets? That is seriously far away, but I haz a lust like Bill Clinton!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VsNCbQJ3x7idJmgNL9XJh4jwjfthLGsUlicww9fAnwPIWO9qfHrQlVifB3JUUaYK