stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/2/18 5:44 p.m.
Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes New Reader
7/2/18 7:48 p.m.

NOT a Marina, but not sure if these were "Farinas", either. 

The car I know as a BMC Farina was a 4 door sedan and looks very similar to the.... 403? model of Peugeot(sp?). I have a reference book that has a short description of hundreds of sports and collectible cars.  This car is among those detailed in the book. 

The BMC Farina 4 door sedans were sold by several (all?) the various BMC brands, this car was sold only as an Austin.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes New Reader
7/2/18 7:57 p.m.

Oops, went over to Wikipedia and they call this the A40 Farina. Styled by Pinin farina.  

There is also a 4 door sedan version of this car. 

Stupid?  Fun?  fact.  This model was a hatchback, one of the first for the British car industry.  Yet, several cars built by Austin would have been vastly more useful as hatchbacks...but BMC steadfastly refused to go with a hatchback after this car until the 70s.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/2/18 10:33 p.m.

The A40 has been called the original hot hatch I think by Practical Classics magazine if I remember correctly. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/2/18 10:35 p.m.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was close not because I love the car but I understand it's relative importance to the Brits and it's only $250 no-title be damned! smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aGpNyjArq41P3Ds8Ac5cAweVna6UuyPqdeMaOGlPIjoQbVQe3EZOQGi3za3epkZp