skierd
skierd SuperDork
2/29/16 9:26 a.m.

I still feel like my next running bike will have a big twin and too much chrome. And I'll probably store it with my family in New Mexico so we can do rides like the one we did yesterday without me on a borrowed 2002 HD Low Rider (88" motor, Dyna).

Did about 90 miles over about 4 hours on rolling desert mountain back roads, most without center stripes, ridden fast between corners and dragging lots of hard parts. My brother-in-laws both have Harley's, one has a 2013 switchback the other has a 2015 road glide.

The roads we were on really were meant for a supermoto so I was missing my WR250X that's sitting up in Alaska freezing but it was still a lot of fun wrestling the pigs around the mountains. On mine at least, the 88" motor is really smooth and had good enough low end torque to stay in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time on roads like this, very flexible, and the suspension was really only let down by a lack of travel in the rear, lack of lean angle, and lack of damping up front. Taller shocks and better valving on both ends and this thing would be a hoot on all roads. I was begging for a windscreen and/or a backrest after we got back on the highway though.

And being in New Mexico the ride started with green chile burritos and ended at Grandma's house where there was a fresh pot of soup on and more fresh chips and salsa and queso than we could eat, almost.

I'll have more pics when I get home to AK and have the film developed.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/1/16 10:09 a.m.

two words: "Film developed" ?

minimac
minimac SuperDork
3/2/16 8:01 a.m.
skierd wrote: ...and the suspension was really only let down by a lack of travel in the rear, lack of lean angle, and lack of damping up front...

Yeah, but it looks shiny!

skierd
skierd SuperDork
3/6/16 6:16 p.m.

Yeah, film! A roll of Kodak Portra 160 shot through an Olympus 35 RD rangefinder.

My brother-in-laws, Rob and Justin

Overlooking the mine in Silver

Ran across a herd of turkeys crossing the road

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e5oIEdm3bfSBPq9FOQJiXQIt6DVegd9w0J1aDYDzGnT5sRmSsVuUpgPrPy7DknLg