1 2
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/23/17 1:52 p.m.

Damn you guys......and Carl Heideman! This looks like waaaaay too much fun for a beach buggy---- light off roader.

Now I'm searching for cheap 1.8 liter N/As!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/23/17 8:21 p.m.

Surely there are enough Miatas sitting around GRM world HQ to make this possible. Heck, put them on the yellow racer (Chump? Lemons? I can't remember) and giggle. If you need a set, I know a guy.

Joe Gearin
8/25/17 10:55 a.m.

There is currently an AMC Pacer Wagon being sent to me against my will. Once this car finds a better home, I'll have the space for another ratty Miata. It's hard to imagine a better beach buggy!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
8/25/17 12:20 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: There is currently an AMC Pacer Wagon being sent to me against my will.

Joe, you cannot just toss out a comment like that and then let it go. There must be a good story behind this. I haven't heard a good Pacer story in a while.

Joe Gearin
8/25/17 2:36 p.m.

Here you go Danny:

Pacer story

Just in case you are wondering. The "enabler" in this story is Brian Walsh--- of purple Pinto / Racer Walsh fame. The AMC expert is Kurt Spitzner--- who's been with the SCCA and now works for Maserati and the Bridgestone Winter Driving School.

Great guys both------ who both lead me deep into AMC temptation!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
8/25/17 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Okay, that clears things up for me! I remember Kurt from way back with SCCA, and I remember Brian posting the Pacer on this forum last year. Good for you! Taking custody of a neglected Pacer is sort of like adopting an abused rescue dog. Cute and lovable, but you never know what problems it will turn out to have. Hopefully you can make a good dog out of it.

Joe Gearin
8/28/17 10:50 a.m.

Oh.....I'm just a foster home for this dog. I really think it belongs in Kurt's AMC kennel!

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
0TsJWq4ObnoaObo3WPCr9oKHMgr6AeyD