Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
4/1/11 9:52 a.m.

Thought I'd make mention of my favorite new tool around the shop. The Ikotec 3000 Wheel Lift will safely raise one half of a vehicle in seconds without breaking a sweat. Since its an electric screw jack, you can leave it in the raised position indefinitely. It's particularly useful for grabbing and lifting the poor, miserable car that you inadvertently stuffed into a wall last weekend. The photos show the Lincoln being grabbed in two ways: By a wheel fork as well as by a pad.

Probably the coolest feature, is the huge range of available accessories. The Ikotec 3000 converts from a wheel lift to an engine hoist, to a spring compressor. Thanks for looking /Steve

Ikotec USA Website

nderwater
nderwater HalfDork
4/1/11 10:22 a.m.

That's a pretty awesome product - a great solution for someone like me whose garage ceilings are way too low for a post-style lift. The price tag climbs pretty quickly with the added accessories, though. How heavy is the unit? As in, do you think it would be practical to haul to a friend's house or even to the track to service a Lemons car?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
4/1/11 10:23 a.m.

Like a dwarf fork truck!

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
4/1/11 1:23 p.m.

It's a commercial grade tool with a commercial grade price tag, but the GRM community has no shortage of teams spending money on equipment as needed.

It's definitely suitable for paddock use. It saves you from poking around for a good jacking point (especially on a damaged car). As for weight/transport, you and a buddy can easily schlep it in and out of a pick up bed. Or roll it onto/into your trailer and tuck it behind the car. Shipping weight is listed as 175 lbs, but I figured it was lighter. In the shop, it eliminates the footprint of a cherry picker, engine stand and a few other large utility tools.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
4/1/11 1:41 p.m.

Ouch. $1899 is a lot of scratch but... it does look pretty damn useful. I'll add it to the list of things I am forced to do without.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CA5KoCpzBBD0msi0gyb5K1R8cPEFXJhqFQeaiUXOvcW1AXz2Tf6anP1DJWnktjq3