Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
3/19/16 11:57 a.m.

I have 2 regulators but I'm having a difficult time finding a splitter for coming right off the tank or the output of the first regulator.

The welding store has a y for $52 but its just a y and 2 shut off valves. There has to be a cheaper option to get this done, especially since I have 2-3 regulators at my disposal.

Any one have a cheap easy way to backpurge stainless steel and tig welding?

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
3/19/16 12:08 p.m.

You want a splitter on the high pressure side to hang two regulators on one bottle? I can see how the fittings and such for that sort of service wouldn't be cheap, or recommended (increased hazard if the bottle falls over). Another bottle might be the answer here, see if you can find a scary looking one with an expired hydrotest on CL for cheap and trade that in.

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
3/19/16 12:56 p.m.

Either a splitter for two regulators or a more reasonable option after that. Can't have two tanks yet, money is too tight. Hopefully soon though.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie New Reader
3/19/16 2:45 p.m.

I think the hose barbs on my regulators are just 1/4" NPT threads. I could see where unscrewing the hose connection from the regulator and installing a short 1/4" nipple to a 1/4" tee would offer two outlets downstream of the regulator for cheap.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
3/19/16 3:36 p.m.

Yeah you could split downstream of the reg no problem, or even have one reg cranked up feeding into two with a minimal amount of adapters to go to home depot type stuff.

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
3/19/16 8:28 p.m.

Hmm. I'll have to go back to lowes with parts in hand or try home depot again. HD seemed to be pretty thin on NPT stuff or I was looking in the wrong area.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
3/19/16 9:06 p.m.

All the little brass odds and ends will be by the hose/tubing and gas valves and whatnot, not water/gas pipe and fittings. Lowes works too. We're talking about inert gasses at less than 50psi here, so whatever you come up with will work.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
3/20/16 7:31 p.m.

Get a small tank for your back purge and use your other regulator on it. That's how I did the in frame oil tank on my flat track bike when it cracked.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0LngkYCcmAP8cbgrHWQL5sWsS0m5sXniKYPiAJUPuiQDKXQYtTGOjkRMXy9PfxbK