mrblah
mrblah
6/15/17 8:55 a.m.

I used to weld for featherlight trailers 25 years ago and I've not touched a welder in 20 years. I have some projects that have built up and it's finally time to buy a MIG welder. I'll be welding up to .120 dom and aluminum square tube, and some trailer modifications

Anyone have any suggestions? I have easy breaker access but something that can run 110 or 220 would be easier to deal with. I'm really liking that lincoln 210 MP but I'm not sure I would ever need to TIG, and 3 year warranty seems a bit low for that kinda money but there's an airgas up the road so local support

I'm also considering the everlast PowerMTS 211Si With TIG Package, same price but comes with tig (may not ever use it) and 5 year warranty

all the hype is on these multi process things, am I overlooking saving a lot of money for a mig only setup? I really dont weld much but prefer easy to setup and use if I have to do it

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/15/17 9:43 a.m.

Check out Miller welders. They have an excellent reputation, and they are also a sponsor of the GRM $2017 Challenge:

Miller Electric

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LVPXLl7fKwQ6HV2AVDFyu9s4Kv1rqQ0ApaNQPqUcHydBzzRJ5sjsJoerEK9UpGqG