Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/15 3:00 p.m.

We've been playing with one of these, and we like it. So we've added it to our catalog. Heck, I'm never going to the track without it - it makes lifting the very low Targa Miata a 60 second operation. Newer versions will come with design tweaks courtesy of Flyin' Miata, such as a better balanced power unit handle

To coincide with the Rolex 24, we've arranged for a special deal. MSRP of these lifts is $1195. Until the end of January, we can sell the 3500 lb version for $979 with free shipping and your choice of 110v or 12v power unit. This is only available from Flyin' Miata.

Extra power units are $375 - but you know what? The 12v version lifts a bit faster. So spend $100 on a jumper box to run it at home

More info on our website.

Video! http://youtu.be/7l4TAV1wyds

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
1/23/15 3:23 p.m.
Keith Tanner
1/23/15 3:43 p.m.

You'll need 125A at 12v for about 30-60 seconds to lift the car. That thing is rated at 5.8A.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
1/27/15 8:54 p.m.

Can you sell the 5000lb unit? If so, what price?

Keith Tanner
1/27/15 9:15 p.m.

Most popular question so far - we're scrambling to get it added to the catalog. We were unable to negotiate quite the same discount, but i believe they'll be $1035. Shipping is a bit different due to the extra weight.

Keith Tanner
1/29/15 12:20 p.m.

The BL-5000 is now available. So you can lift a Camaro I want to shoot a video of my 1966 Caddy going up on one of these, just because.

BL-5000 QuickJack

We also managed to get our sale on the 3500 extended until February 14th.

Differences:

Here's a rundown of the differences:

BL-3500 Maximum lift of 13.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 13.5" and 9.5"
Collapsed length of 61"
Lifting units weigh 45 lbs each
Maximum load of 3500 lb
Normal price $1035, on sale for $979 until Feb 14th
Free residential shipping

BL-5000
Maximum lift of 15.5" above the fully compressed unit
Locking heights of 15.5" and 11.5"
Collapsed length of 69" (yes, it will fit under a Miata)
Lifting units weigh 65 lbs each
Maximum load of 5000 lb
$1295
Free commercial shipping, fees will apply for residential delivery or depot pickup

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
1/29/15 3:57 p.m.

I use a small motorcycle battery with mine, even fits in the extra space on the power pack, balances it out too.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/26/15 8:28 p.m.

Mr. Tanner,

Do you have any recommendations for using a portable jump start box (with rechargeable battery built in) with the 12v BL-5000? Also, it looks like the manufacturer is currently offering free shipping and I was wondering if Flyin' Miata is also able to offer that? I'd like to support a forum supporter if I purchase.

Thanks!

Keith Tanner
2/26/15 9:18 p.m.

The manufacturer actually extended the 3500 sale price until the end of March, so yay! I don't think you can match it anywhere else.

The 5000 has free shipping to commercial addresses, but there are some surcharges for residential. Same deal as from the manufacturer.

I don't have any specific recommendations on a jump box. It'll pull around 2AH each time it goes up or down, so keep that in mind when sizing your battery pack. A PC 1200 will do about 10 up/down cycles.

secretariata
2/27/15 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Thanks for the info! Looks like I didn't see the "fine print" about free shipping. Guess I need to look at specs for a jump box to make sure I want to order the 12v version.

Keith Tanner
2/27/15 11:47 a.m.

I like Petrolburner's onboard motorcycle battery idea. I may do that to my own.

secretariata
2/27/15 1:08 p.m.

One additional question, do the rubber blocks have grooves that are deep enough to protect the projecting pinch weld seam or do you place the blocks inboard of the seam?

Edit: Will a miata battery fit onboard?

Keith Tanner
2/27/15 2:29 p.m.

The grooves are not deep enough to swallow the seam, although a clever individual could make it so. They're long enough that they spread the weight out, and of course you're lifting the car via four spots at once instead of just one.

I don't think a Miata battery will fit - although there is one IN the Miata (or whatever car you're jacking). So you could just attach jumper cables to it.

secretariata
2/27/15 2:50 p.m.

Thanks again! I realize using the car battery of the vehicle being lifted or from another car with a good battery will work for the 12v which is what has me leaning that way. I figure even with a small or weak battery if the car is running I should be fine. I think FM will be getting a call from me in the next few weeks...

secretariata
3/13/15 2:42 p.m.

Just got off the phone with Mike at Flyin' Miata and placed my order!

Told SWMBO it was her B-day present. Considering she didn't offer any ideas it must be what she wants. Think I'll be sleeping in the yard for the next few weeks...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MEscI1D6rvdMxf8z5UinWiWRzUl85Em90xue8G6fadFzXELIpO89MuZN0ovzlN7d