Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/17 2:54 p.m.

We've never done many sales at Flyin' Miata, but everyone is having so much fun with it we figured we'd join in this year. We're going to have some of our best deals ever, mostly on parts that are exclusive to FM. There's going to something for every Miata.

We're not going to tell you what's on sale yet because we don't want to spoil the antici...pation. But we will give you a hint. We're renamed the days of the week.

Nov 24th: Brake Friday
Nov 25th: Small Business Saturday (that one was already pretty good)
Nov 26th: Suspension Sunday
Nov 27th: Brace for Monday

Log on to the special sale page on our website on the days in question to see what's up.

The sale prices are online only and available all day, so you don't need to line up at 4am in a dark and cold November night to fight with crowds. Sleep in, grab some hot chocolate and shop in your jammies!

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/17 8:24 p.m.

Hope the sales are through the roof!  As I no longer have a miata, I'll have to check out what Saturday's events are...smiley

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/22/17 12:52 p.m.

Just got my catalog in the mail, and I can't help but laugh at your description after seeing you in the habu? On the cover. 

"He loves big engines, but often commutes in a 32 year old crx with 91hp" 

On a more serious note, this is probably one of the best catalogs I've seen in a long time. It's not just "here's our stuff and what it costs" there's a why and a how involved that is a really nice touch. 

Keith Tanner
11/22/17 2:52 p.m.

That's me driving the ND on the cover. Better picture than my profile shot, which printed dark sad The driver of the blue V8 is the owner of that car. That shot was taken with the carbon "selfie stick for cars" that I did a build thread for a few months ago. We're actually rolling backwards slowly, which is why Zandr is looking in the rear view mirror.

Thanks for the kind words. I do everything in that catalog from photography to copy to layout, so it's always good to hear that it's worthwhile! I get a little goofy when I'm writing it sometimes. I enjoyed writing the chassis code descriptions on the back cover, and you should have seen some of the descriptions of my coworkers that got nixed wink

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
11/22/17 3:11 p.m.

So how is this going to work Keith ?

Say I order brake parts on Friday and then suspension on Sunday ? Will it be two separate orders or will they accumulate and consolidate in house before shipping?

I have my little notepad and pen here and have been scribbling up orders for FM and Moss and Good-Win and more.  I'm just waiting to see what the weekend brings from all the vendors out there.

Keith Tanner
11/22/17 3:14 p.m.

It will be two separate orders. Most brake and suspension parts are big/heavy enough that they ship in their own boxes anyhow, so shipping costs aren't really affected by the orders being separate. Trying to consolidate every order would keep our shipping guys busy until Christmas.

Keith Tanner
11/26/17 9:50 a.m.

If you guys aren't paying attention, you're missing out.  Today we've got big savings on basically anything that includes a set of springs - over $300 off in a few cases. There's a new batch of parts going online tomorrow, too.

https://www.flyinmiata.com/sale

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
11/26/17 10:45 a.m.

I've been paying attention. Order has already been placed this morning. Possibly another order tomorrow depending on which items are on sale.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/26/17 12:35 p.m.

Hey Keith:

I've had my eye on the Fox suspension for a while.  What is your opinion of them on a street driven V8 NA?

I probably won't actually have the car running for a year, but the suspension is the last part of the parts I need to collect.

Keith Tanner
11/26/17 12:43 p.m.

My personal cars run on Fox, which probably says something. I can put you in touch with someone who drives his on the street regularly, including a road trip from CA to CO and back a few months ago. But they work really nicely on the V8 cars. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/26/17 12:54 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I am assuming different spring rates than the standard setup?

Keith Tanner
11/26/17 1:15 p.m.

Actually, no. For street use 550/375 works well. We used a V8 NB as one of our test cars during the initial R&D. 

Keith Tanner
11/27/17 10:58 a.m.

Good lord. So THAT'S why retailers do Black Friday sales. Our shipping department is in big trouble.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/27/17 11:23 a.m.

Terrific!

Sale over?

Keith Tanner
11/27/17 12:16 p.m.

Nope. Today is "Brace for Monday", which means chassis braces are on sale. Also our clutch/flywheel "Happy Meals", just because. It's another busy one.

Then we're done. Today is the last day for sales! The shipping department is cheering.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/27/17 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

But the sale is over for suspension, right?

Keith Tanner
11/27/17 3:04 p.m.

Yup. Suspension Sunday was yesterday and now we are out of stock on everything that goes boing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DVLWcDburhFeSu3IG3qUHaL8Ag5l3gWN9yvktzgj9rWh4OP7ZvaYJf9w9K2CcnK3