MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/11/16 8:53 a.m.

DIYAutoTune has just released turn key transmission control packages for the 4L60E and 4L80E. These include a MicroSquirt control unit configured to run a transmission and a ready made wiring harness. The harness can plug into our existing MS3-Pro drop on harnesses using an included Amphenol AT connector. It integrates into the MS2 and MS3 line of engine management systems over CAN bus, or it can also run on its own if you feed it a tach and a throttle position signal. So whether you're using our engine management, someone else's, or a carburetor, this makes running a computer controlled automatic easy. Price is $499 retail.

Transmission control at DIYAutoTune

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/11/16 2:16 p.m.

Can it be configured into a 6spd?

MadScientistMatt
8/11/16 2:40 p.m.

Not at the moment, but it's likely the MicroSquirt transmission code will be updated for other gearboxes in the future. What 6 speed did you have in mind?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/11/16 3:06 p.m.

No, much like the TCI 6x, that's just an 80e that applies OD in another gear.

I figure it's just a rewrite of some of the code to make it be an option.

MadScientistMatt
8/12/16 1:00 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: No, much like the TCI 6x, that's just an 80e that applies OD in another gear. I figure it's just a rewrite of some of the code to make it be an option.

It would also take a different valve body, and possibly some changes to the gear ratios. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any shift solenoid settings that will force a 4L80E into the "other" gears available.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/12/16 1:21 p.m.

Will it do flappy paddles?

MadScientistMatt
8/15/16 11:59 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Will it do flappy paddles?

Yes. See the notes here: MicroSquirt paddle shift setup

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/15/16 12:10 p.m.

This gives me wonderful ideas.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PsSxpHkHvtIfmoCnlsFeJiFeszwnj3E1ff0m3kixhZouHs3c9QJPFgFyxBv92hiL