coexist
coexist Reader
3/1/18 8:04 p.m.
NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/1/18 8:31 p.m.

Bought one, thanks. I wear out grinders so I'm testing various brands, will see how long this one lasts. Slide switch on Bosch I've been using the most lately is giving me trouble, pretty sure it won't last very long.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
3/6/18 1:43 p.m.

A paddle switch on a grinder is a must for any one that I'll have in the shop.  A few years ago I had a near fatal miss with a grinder that kicked back and landed on my neck.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/6/18 3:04 p.m.

Just received mine.  It's different than the one pictured in the link to the sales ad in that the switch is on the top rather than the side. Has the same item # listed in the ad. I'd prefer a side switch or paddle for most of my uses. Will see how long it lasts.

tattooedwelder2018
tattooedwelder2018 New Reader
3/7/18 11:31 a.m.

Grinders are like Swiss knives for me. I buy the best. I have had the cheap ones and I can kill them in a day. 

I had home depote tell me that they would not warenty a brand new grinder that was 2 days old as it was the 3 one in a month. 

I have found Walters and Mikita 5" grinders to work best and last the longest. Has to be the one with the trigger switch. The others are crap. 

For my 7" I have a. Mikita as well and it's got to be almost 20 years old. The only thing I have ever had to fix is replace the brushes and the electrical cord. 

glenzo654
glenzo654 New Reader
3/30/18 8:41 p.m.

a handheld grinder with a cutoff wheel is probably the handiest tool in the shop and also the most dangerous

as even the heaviest welding gloves are no match for a cutoff wheel that jams up/runs away. lots of scars!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/27/19 7:08 a.m.

zombie thread, canoe deleted

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1BV2pi5m9wXw5ieU4AvgERGGj3DFuLybZhGi6nb15cYxRsBJrMNVLVOTKg5T6BPB