1 2
gencollon
gencollon New Reader
6/21/19 8:56 p.m.

Yessir, that's the one. 

Johnny_at_NineLives
Johnny_at_NineLives New Reader
6/25/19 9:36 a.m.

the more air you have the more downforce you can make. We have a 1994 indycar floor at the shop with 2 huge scoops. they shove air under the car and create a vortex. most splitters can pinch off the air flowing under the car and thus the splitter will stop making downforce. so put a big gap in the center. the air still flows, consistency stays. and consistency is the way to win championships. 

StuntmanMike
StuntmanMike New Reader
7/16/19 8:28 a.m.

So would that raised center splitter work the same as a two piece splitter for a bottom breather car? I have a 1999 Camaro that I dont want to convert to a front breather so I was wondering if a two piece splitter would work. Keep the center open to feed the radiator, have an air dam and splitter on either side, with a vertical fence (blue line) that connects the inside of the dam to the flap underneath that deflects air to radiator. Hopefully my crappy drawing makes sense, luckily I can drive slightly better than I can draw.

Johnny_at_NineLives
Johnny_at_NineLives New Reader
7/16/19 10:45 a.m.

i can say it should work. unless we did some testing we couldn't say with 100% certainty. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
Und48pACxmPJ3uIFUmmZgD006qBDvd83b5ZP2DwypK91CAYBQXnOPlgyWPak9rrO