Presented by Nine Lives Racing
boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
8/18/19 8:50 p.m.

A few weeks ago I finally got a chance to test out the DIY wing and splitter that we had installed on our SCCA STU prepared Honda Prelude racecar. So I figured we should use the opportunity to do a little laptime comparison to see how much faster (or slower) the aero kit made our car.

Here are the results in video form. Hope this helps some of you out there who are looking to do something similar.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
8/19/19 8:21 a.m.

In reply to boxedfox :

so, there was a 4mph difference due to drag (121 vs 117mph)... what was the corner exit speed, and what was the distance dow the straight to hit those speeds?

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
8/19/19 7:08 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Distance between corner exit and the start of the braking zone to turn 1 is approx 0.289 mi (or approx 1526 ft) according to the GPS.

In the aero-less car the corner exit speed coming onto the main straight was 98.6 mph.

In the aero-equipped car, the corner exit speed coming onto the main straight was 97.4 mph.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
8/31/19 8:19 p.m.

Great video! Loved it.

Cupulate
Cupulate New Spammer
10/12/19 5:06 a.m.

That was a nice video. Loved It. 

Marcus_NineLivesRacing
Marcus_NineLivesRacing New Reader
10/14/19 10:44 a.m.

Great video! Very surprising the engine had oil starvation at 1.1Gs, though I know almost nothing about H-series.

There are other foils(like a 9LR wáng) that have MUCH lower drag than that 3D foil. wink It can even retain the same down-force or even more depending on what 3D foil it is.  This could lead to very minimal down-sides to the aero package. #shamelessplug 

Our Preferred Partners
pDIW22ADtJoKUQCH3YfSMglbiPQi8fdce9z5OMev2VT3jsgV2zuAtClkq5CNFeHQ