Presented by Nine Lives Racing
cressida_slide
cressida_slide New Reader
4/15/19 9:54 p.m.

Planning my next build and while looking for aftermarket body panels I came across this photo but cannot find any information on this build or who makes these body panels.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, can’t wait to get this 1st gen project started. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/15/19 10:14 p.m.

That's the "Eleanor" GT500E body kit from the Gone in 60 Seconds reboot.

cressida_slide
4/15/19 10:33 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I imagine an Eleanor kit to be similar to what I’ve posted below from Maier’s site. Maybe I’m thinking of the wrong thing. 

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/19 10:35 p.m.

That pariticular car was built for the SCCA American V8 Supercars class (AMV8SS) and ran on the west coast in 2011 or so. I think it was run by a guy named Jeff Kaiser from the Bay area.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/15/19 10:37 p.m.

In reply to cressida_slide :

Yup, that's the basis of this car. There were a few different manufacturer's of the kit and I do remember a "widebody" version, though the race car the OP posted looks like it has additional "universal" flares molded in as well. Definitely the same grill, lower valance, side scoops, hood, and taillights though.

cressida_slide
4/15/19 10:49 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 :

Awesome, I appreciate that info. I’m going to keep digging and see if I can find any mention of this vehicle anywhere else. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/15/19 11:29 p.m.

Regardless, that white Mustang looks absolutely beautiful.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
4/16/19 5:15 a.m.

Looks like it is based on an Eleanor kit but highly modified for wheel clearance.

Pete

Bukes
Bukes
7/29/20 12:54 a.m.

yes its a 67 GT-1 car that raced from the early 80's and still going strong. Originally ran Shelby hood, then altered when Jeff had it to Eleanor front valance and Hood, the rest is one off.

Needs the big flares to squeeze the 16 x 12's under

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pGDB04C38s844WSbiYm9zgb7nbk5lc37SBFigQkM3Tocq7Y9YJ5kfbZ7x180mlNz