1 2 3 4 5 6
jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
10/27/16 10:40 p.m.

You might need some bigger shoes :). 225 isn't much for 350 hosses

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
10/29/16 8:19 a.m.

Yep, 265s in reqr and 245s in front are the plan. It means new wheels though and it presents a problem in terms of tire availability, I've got some research to do. I dont mind if I have to cut the fenders because on an zzw30 mr2 they are just that fenders. There are no panels that are not bolt on so if it goes horribly wrong I can just buy new fenders from Toyota. I think te37s are the next wheels but we'll see.

edited for more reasonable (bigger) tire sizes. :) 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/24/20 8:51 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/24/20 8:52 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/24/20 8:53 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/24/20 8:57 p.m.

Next up is some finishing work on the windshield delete, a very small poly or carbon windshield and a center rear view mirror. Then some aero, flares, wheels, carbon work, bolts, and a tune! Hopefully this will be a big year for the commute attack car! We'll see how the money etc. works out but trying hard to build something a bit different and special. In person, it feels truly exotic and has a very special aura about it that it never had before "the cut". Cant wait to get it back on the road. 

trumant
trumant GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/24/20 9:16 p.m.

Looks incredible!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
1/24/20 10:27 p.m.

Love it!

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/25/20 6:41 a.m.

Thanks guys! It was pretty scary doing the cut. No backsies!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
1/25/20 8:59 a.m.

Dang that looks good! What a great creation. Taking weight out of a car feels so good. Did you weigh it?

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/26/20 9:23 a.m.
OjaiM5 said:

Dang that looks good! What a great creation. Taking weight out of a car feels so good. Did you weigh it?

19flat exactly. Yeah, I'm addicted to that feeling clearly. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/1/20 1:27 p.m.

big ass wing has been purchased and I am patiently awaiting delivery. Can't wait to see if it fits the car or the aesthetic. It was a little spontaneous, I saw it for sale used and pulled the trigger. It's intended for an 86/frisbee, by a jdm company called ings+1. When it comes I'll have to work out how to mount it and get cranking on making it aerodynamicly and aesthetically balanced. We'll see!

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/1/20 1:28 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/1/20 1:29 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/1/20 1:31 p.m.

Now to try and figure out what front lip/ splitter combo. There's not a lot out there that I see and think is perfect. Maybe the lpx front lip with a custom splitter....

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
2/1/20 8:14 p.m.

Carbon, would you happen to have any pics from the windshield removal process?

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/2/20 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Hasbro :

Not any while I was in the process. I was concentrating pretty hard on not totally ruining my perfectly good car lol. Dash out, fenders off, doors taped up to keep em safe. Mark it with a sharpie take a deep breath and sawzall that E36 M3. 

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to reattach it with a sleeve in between. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/11/20 10:01 p.m.

I pulled the trigger on a front lip. It's a little outside the box but it's something that's been done before by some adventurous mr2 owner. The tracking info says it should arrive monday. I also heard from the tracking app that my wing is in customs so maybe we'll see that soon too! Wohoo!  This gentleman has the front lip on his to give you an idea how it should look. I'll likely do a carbon splitter to compliment it and hopefully improve it's performance (or at the very least make scraping noises happen more frequently). 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/11/20 10:06 p.m.

hopefully whoever was first to try this lip on a zzw30 will see my imitation as a sincere form of flattery. It's a charge speed front lip for an ek ctr for those wondering. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 6:04 p.m.

Working on fitment of the ctr front lip, it's going to take some work. I really like the aesthetic, and I really like that it deletes the fake brake cooling ducts. Big ass wang is destined to arrive tomorrow which is quite exciting. Spent quite some time coming from japan and getting through customs but I'm being patient (not even slightly). 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 6:04 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 6:05 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 6:26 p.m.

It needs some trimming and custom bracketry fabricated but I think the air will look favorably upon it and keep this little beastie planted. I'll shoot it super white II to match once it's all set up. 

In the meantime, I had a bit of a mishap with the daily (silver 1zzfte) car. The hose going to the catch can somehow got kinked and pressurized the bottom end enough to make the rear main seal leak and oil down my clutch. It also caused a significant oil leak that I looked after pretty well, until I didn't and starved her of oil just ended to make her rattle a bit. After much deliberation, I ordered a new short block from toyota and am neck deep in swapping it in. The old engine is out and I'm swapping things over. The nice thing about that is that in the lst 12 months she will be completely rebuilt in terms of driveline, new trd lsd/c60  swap last spring, new tomei 7660 turbo this summer and now new motor. Hopefully bulletproof forever now lol! It's an incredible daily, gets 30mpg average with me driving like it's a time attack event, mostly has enough space for my needs (amazingly enough), handles ridiculous, stops ridiculous and is pretty gd fast (takes out my buddy's rs3 by at least a nose to 120, his runs 12.0), and is hilarious in the snow with good rubber. All that considered, I want to run that one for the long term if possible. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 9:15 p.m.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
2/21/20 9:16 p.m.

Leaving at the end of the day, I looked over my shoulder and thought "Tough job but someone's gotta do it". 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xUycuaQ1BWQVl4wIkYSuPgRwUJa9B44dyYTRUw0di5ol2PLbVDI66q4bPga6QSIQ