corytate
corytate UltraDork
4/13/14 1:39 p.m.

I'm trying to do at least something to the coupe every week so I can keep up momentum with this build. I'll post the pics so far and then update weekly as I do more.
I bought it on 3/25 and have de-restricted the stock intake (more suction noise now, not too concerned with whether I actually picked up any power with this), removed the genesis coupe and 2.0t badges, and plastidipped all the chrome on the exterior flat black.
I masked the rear badge and tried to paint it on the car (it's essentially impossible to remove without breaking because there are screws ran through the clips from inside the trunk and you can only access one of them) but when I masked it I couldn't get it right so I ended up with a chrome ring around the base of the badge so I bought a new one, painted it off the car, and now I have a used hyundai H on my tool cart. lol

short term plans are rallyarmor mud flaps, blow off valve, turbo-back exhaust, intake, coilovers, ecu flash,short shifter/bushings,clutch line, and the whiteline rear sway bar.
long term are lsd, turbo upgrade, haltech, heavier duty clutch to handle the upgrades.

Going to see what the car looks like with stock wheels, lowered to determine what I do about wheels and tires.

corytate
corytate UltraDork
4/21/14 7:47 p.m.

mudflaps! lol

aaaand my mounting solution for the rears:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R0pZn3ILpKm642usE18hkS3lqbr8h1edDXpL7snuDRUX7NWKzudH9sgceQzX4ITI