1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
stroker
stroker SuperDork
9/19/16 6:48 p.m.

I think this gives Project Binky a run for the money...

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/19/16 8:04 p.m.
stroker wrote: I think this gives Project Binky a run for the money...

Wow. That is high praise. Thanks!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/19/16 8:29 p.m.

Well, I said it was done, but as with any good project car, it is never done.

Tonight, I polished the wheels.

Dad made a false gas lid.

Now it's done...

Except we need a pair auto cross tire, and need to adjust the tow...

Then it's done!

I'll probably post a pic once it is loaded.

See you guys in Florida.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/20/16 7:34 a.m.

If you are looking for a simple theme, Studebaker fans would be happy to see a chicken Hawk reference. (RIP)

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
9/20/16 8:02 a.m.

In reply to Spin Out

I am a big fan of Ted and he supports our efforts. He has publically defended us in the Studebaker circles. Chicken Hawk is, with all do respect, his. We may have our own theme/scheme/signature at some point.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/20/16 2:02 p.m.

I already have a theme. Slammed to the ground, unfinished body, cowl induction scoop, with a white roof and a chevy V8.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
9/20/16 2:19 p.m.

So, Pure un-distilled badass?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/20/16 2:50 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: So, Pure un-distilled badass?

Hit the nail on the head.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
9/20/16 3:01 p.m.
TheV8Kid wrote:
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: Thank you for your quick reply Andrew. Aside from you and your son being very talented builders I know why you all are so successful. You must never sleep! LOL
If we had 5 minutes, we spent 5 minutes. If we had and hour, we spent an hour. You'd be surprise how much you can get done that way.

Someone should cross stitch this and frame it and hang it on the wall for multiple generations to read.
When people doubt that these challenge cars are real, they just have to remember that incredible awesome things are built by real people who bust their ass to make them incredible and awesome.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
9/20/16 5:41 p.m.

Thats a good looking car. Good luck!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/20/16 8:04 p.m.
dropstep wrote: Thats a good looking car. Good luck!

Thanks!

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/20/16 8:20 p.m.

I love this car. I hope you guys kick a$$ at the challenge.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/20/16 8:33 p.m.
mblommel wrote: I love this car. I hope you guys kick a$$ at the challenge.

Thanks! I'm really excited to see how it does as well.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
9/21/16 9:25 a.m.

Thanks for explaining the theme, and posting the Land Speed car photo. The look is very Roadkill ..... or should I say Roadkill's look is very PACC? :)

P.S. I sold my '53 Champion to buy an Avanti. In hindsight, I'm a steel guy and really miss the '53. One of my Valve Cover Racers has a Studebaker "Champion" script badge on it that was left over from the car. I'll have it at The Challenge trying to defend my VCR title. ;) Have a safe trip.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/21/16 9:50 a.m.
spin_out wrote: Thanks for explaining the theme, and posting the Land Speed car photo. The look is very Roadkill ..... or should I say Roadkill's look is very PACC? :) P.S. I sold my '53 Champion to buy an Avanti. In hindsight, I'm a steel guy and really miss the '53. One of my Valve Cover Racers has a Studebaker "Champion" script badge on it that was left over from the car. I'll have it at The Challenge trying to defend my VCR title. ;) Have a safe trip.

We've been doing roadkill type cars, as they've come to be known as, for while now. One thing that we do differently is safety. It seems like the roadkill guys do things unsafely almost intentionally, just because it makes for a better show. It has that "yeah, so what?" vibe to it. We don't start an engine until the brakes are functioning as they should.

It is very flattering that this car would be considered among some of those cars. Some of them are very unique, well built, and inspiring. Others are very polarizing.

Thanks for the kind words!

P.S. We're actually in search of a cheap Avanti. As is evident by this build, we have recently gotten into the fiberglass stuff.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/25/16 6:04 a.m.

We are loaded and ready to go! We leave Tuesday afternoon.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/16 8:35 a.m.

I was going to build a valve cover racer for Colin to participate with. I believe this calls for one of the studebaker covers in the garage

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/25/16 8:57 p.m.
patgizz wrote: I was going to build a valve cover racer for Colin to participate with. I believe this calls for one of the studebaker covers in the garage

Very cool. I'm sure he will be thrilled.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
9/25/16 8:58 p.m.

We just about wrapped up the budget. Can't wait to be in Florida!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/25/16 9:27 p.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid:

Bring some cooler weather. I have no AC and windows are permanently up.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
9/28/16 3:39 p.m.

I noticed that side banner said this may be the fastest Lark you have ever heard of. The fastest I've heard of (Studebaker powered, on factory 6.5" rims) is the Red Tomato. It's best quarter-mile e.t. I could find is 12.74 @ 113.26 mph. So best that number, and you will have the fastest Lark I have heard of (that does not belong to your dad). :-)

I assume that's the legendary Ted Harbit driving in the photo.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
9/28/16 4:54 p.m.

I have no doubt PACC can beat that 12 second time and stop for coffee. This will be the new fastest Lark.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
10/14/16 2:19 p.m.

Yes, 11.622 ( I think dad may have been driving). The run I actually saw was around 11.8.

P.S. I'm the one who gave you the Studebaker sign.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
10/14/16 4:24 p.m.

I kept messing up the 1-2 shift, because I could not read the tach (I need a shift light). I asked dad to make a pass because I wanted to see what the car was capable of, and here is the result.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RU6W3wAdOi4

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
10/14/16 4:27 p.m.
spin_out wrote: Yes, 11.622 ( I think dad may have been driving). The run I actually saw was around 11.8. P.S. I'm the one who gave you the Studebaker sign.

Thank you for the reminder. I knew you had the green and white miata, but I could not remember your name. Thanks a lot for the sign. It will look great next to the chevy sign we already have hanging in the garage.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XWG1JTJ1cID3Zkbr1fXd51YhqIVfZ08z8mnYfiinFq09fyIhyYSr5Ehv4xSbin35