tr4vintageracer
tr4vintageracer None
10/21/12 11:19 a.m.

This is a frame off restoration. Frame is bare now. Going to get it sandblasted next week and coat with epoxy primer. Debating if I should powder coat. Will check on cost next week. Sandblasting will cost $140 - $160. Taking it to Blast Tech in Denver...recommended by RaceKraft Designs.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
10/21/12 12:37 p.m.

Is this a driver or racer? Personally I'm not a fan of powder coating - For a classic, not so much of an issue. For my TR4, I just went with rustoleum since I'll be reworking the front A-arm mounts to get some camber into it and tying in the cage.

Oh yeah - where's the pics? Don't think your link is working right.

tr4vintageracer
tr4vintageracer New Reader
10/21/12 12:44 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Figured out how to include the image. This will be a street car. I have a TR4 racer that I run on the local tracks and really want a car I can drive more often. The motor will be a bit hotter than stock, but dependable.

tr4vintageracer
tr4vintageracer New Reader
10/21/12 9:30 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Did you use rattle cans?

mightymike
mightymike New Reader
10/22/12 7:55 a.m.

tr4vintageracer: Look at POR 15 chassis black paint.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
10/22/12 9:02 a.m.

No, the rustoleum spray bombs suck. I use the cans, heavy rust primer and a top coat or two. You can thin them down and shoot or they actually flow/level out pretty well with a brush or roller. - it's a little dusty, but I think things are coming out decent

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j9TvENscFoYEkzfV6DGWzot2N5Gb3cM6S79TFWHgCKPwsJBqQ2GO5cV9a9idWLrf