1 ... 3 4 5
Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/29/19 9:49 p.m.

Probably both. Old lines break like that when you're messing around with stuff. My SOP is replacing lines on anything over about 25 years unless I know they've been replaced already.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/29/19 10:54 p.m.
Agent98 said:

Hey Robbie: GREAT job on this.

Thanks!

Robbie
4/29/19 10:56 p.m.
Crackers said:

Probably both. Old lines break like that when you're messing around with stuff. My SOP is replacing lines on anything over about 25 years unless I know they've been replaced already.

I should've just ordered the part. I did replace the front two soft lines since they came with the kit. And the dang thing is $10 online and $25 at the local parts store (which they still need to ship it in). Lesson learned, pay the $10, and just plan to replace old soft brake lines.

Robbie
6/17/19 2:28 p.m.

Well - I finally finished the brake swap and got er up and running. And painted the wheels red. But an addition to my stable means this one needs to move along to the next owner. 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/what-can-you-do-with-exactly-one-can-of-spray-paint/154733/page1/

Robbie
6/17/19 2:29 p.m.
Patrick19
Patrick19 New Reader
7/14/19 6:10 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/14/19 6:16 p.m.

In reply to Patrick19 :

Glad to see that you got it. There's nothing like old American iron to cut your teeth on. 

Patrick19
Patrick19 New Reader
7/14/19 6:21 p.m.

Working on it, we painted the wheels to gray, put a new muffler in it, and put the hub caps back on.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/14/19 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Patrick19 :

Don't tell Robbie but I thought the red was a bit much. Show us pictures of the wheels. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/14/19 7:00 p.m.

In reply to Patrick19 :

AWESOME! Please continue to post updates on the car as you develop and enjoy it

Robbie
7/14/19 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Patrick19 :

I'm happy to see you are getting straight to work - and posting here about it! I'm exited to keep following.

Patrick19
Patrick19 New Reader
7/17/19 12:33 p.m.

That is the before picture

That is after

Patrick19
Patrick19 New Reader
6/30/20 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Patrick19 :

Sorry I haven't posted In a while, I got the carburetor rebuilt and put back on. We are going to start doing some bodywork, does anybody know where I can find some quarter panels that are a reasonable prize, the only ones I can find are completely overpriced. We got the car out last weekend, she ran very good I'll post more in the coming weeks about the progress 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YpnDPpucFEn58fQRjNu4qAiklF014WnLMouY4vucXKOJqdctmNO3cmWhtih0goM4