1 ... 3 4 5
pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
2/9/20 6:15 p.m.

I have the center caps but the BMW logos need to be replaced with some BBS ones.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 7:01 p.m.

I really like the new style but I think the offset is too small up front (i wish the wheels had a narrower track). It makes it look like the car was lifted of something. Can't quite put my finger on it. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
2/9/20 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

There is a spacer up front in the picture.  I removed it and the wheels fit better.  The tires are two wide that are on the bbs wheels.  If I decide to go with the bbs I will swap the tires from the m3 wheels.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 8:49 p.m.

Nice, sounds like you might have a hard decision on which wheels to sell now!

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/7/20 4:53 p.m.

Today I had the opportunity to take the Corvair to the Amelia Island Cars and coffee.

I washed the car yesterday in preparation.

Got up early to catch the 1st ferry of the day.  Shared the ride with a ton of cool cars.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 5:07 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Dang, you sure did!  And I still love the DS2's on the Corsa. They bridge that modern/classic gap nicely.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
3/7/20 5:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to pimpm3 :

Dang, you sure did!  And I still love the DS2's on the Corsa. They bridge that modern/classic gap nicely.

Agreed. They look sweet!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/7/20 5:42 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Are you going tomorrow?  Lil Stampie and I will be there. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/7/20 5:55 p.m.

Not tomorrow, it's big money.  I am cheap...

Got to park near three other corvairs.

Saw a bunch of cool cars.

6-speed manual Lamborghini 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/20 6:33 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

Got up early to catch the 1st ferry of the day.  Shared the ride with a ton of cool cars.

Didn't somebody on here buy an NSX just like this one?  Almost as sweet as pimpm3's 'vair... :)

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/7/20 7:15 p.m.
secretariata said:
pimpm3 said:

Didn't somebody on here buy an NSX just like this one?  Almost as sweet as pimpm3's 'vair... :)

That was my thread about my buddy Chris buying the NSX and me doing a fly and drive with him.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/phoenix-to-jacksonville-or-bust-pimpm3-picks-up-an-nsx/160939/page1/

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/8/20 3:49 p.m.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/8/20 4:46 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

That was my thread about my buddy Chris buying the NSX and me doing a fly and drive with him.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/phoenix-to-jacksonville-or-bust-pimpm3-picks-up-an-nsx/160939/page1/

HEY man, ... my memory is a little fuzzy about that...so you might be right, bein' as you were there and stuff...so I'm not gonna call you out over it, but watch yourself... cheeky

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/5/20 6:22 p.m.

Added a flag for the 4th because a little extra patriotism can't hurt right now. 

Took the car on a picnic with the family.

Got a ton of thumbs up from fellow motorists.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/5/20 10:02 p.m.

The car looks great in these pics. I have always loved the look of late model corvairs. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/25/20 6:40 p.m.

I was off for the holidays and decided to clean up the engine bay.  I didn't take any before pictures but pretty stoked on the results.

In other news I ended up buying the original turbo engine that goes with the car.  The guy i got the car from is going to help me build it up...  for now I will keep the engine that is in the car now.  It still runs great!

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/20 6:50 p.m.

Wow! Looks great!

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
12/25/20 7:58 p.m.

"In other news I ended up buying the original turbo engine that goes with the car.  The guy i got the car from is going to help me build it up...  for now I will keep the engine that is in the car now.  It still runs great!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YUOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rigby140
Rigby140 New Reader
7/4/21 1:15 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Very nice Corsa .. I really like the looks of those wheels on the car .. about the wheels .. are they the 17 x 7.5  E36 style 39 BMW wheels? Are you running stock suspension on the Corsa? Did you have to make any mods to run those wheels? Spacers? Can you please tell me what the backspacing is on those wheels? I can't find that info anywhere. Where did you purchase the wheels? Every source I can find is out of them. Please advise .. thank you. Have a great 4th of July !!!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/4/21 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Rigby140 :

BMW DS2 wheels from a 96-99 e36 M3. 

Rigby140
Rigby140 New Reader
7/7/21 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Hi SlipRe .. thank you for the response .. I had figured out what you told me but wasn't sure if the backspacing on that wheel would werk with basically stock suspension .. so I am going to assume that from your response that the answer is "yes" .. they will werk with stock suspension .. now I just have to locate 4 of them without taking out a second mortgage on the cave .. thnx ..

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/7/21 6:47 p.m.

Other than the "cool" factor of the original engine, it's my understanding that the turbo versions were not that great, due to the technology limited turbo design.  IIRC the Yenko race cars never used turbos.

Love the look of these 2nd gen Corvairs.  I've been tempted several time, and done a bunch of research into Corvair issues, but never pulled the trigger.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZKG2KeutUPoZTmISIKew5mAqaWPLjI8XOU7QGjEEHDHOIbK9zO16GVMucC4HzcLm